Thanksgiving is soon upon us and this morning's message at church was themed accordingly.
You know when you were a kid, and someone would give you something.... you're parents would say to you "What do you say?" and then usually a bashful reply of "thank you" would come out. Well have you ever heard someone say "What do you say to God?" NO! We shouldn't be nudged to thank God for the blessings that he has given to us, but that's what Thanksgiving is... a nudge.
Thanksgiving should be a HABIT, a Courtesy, it is Worship, it is an expression of Faith.
Everything belongs to God, so we need to not take the Giver for granted, we need to recognize what he gives us.
Thank You God for:
1. having 2 cars that are paid for
2. having clothes to wear, shoes for my feet, coats and mittens for my hands.
3. Jesus, for He is the reason that I am who I am.
4. my husband who makes enough money we can afford to live in this apartment
5. water bottles, for without them I would not drink water enough
6. friends in 2 different countries
7. the contact that I made at church today, she could potentially help me find friends here! and even maybe a better job!
8. Christmas music, for it can put me in a better mood (even in April or July)
9. warm water for showers!
10. chiropractors who can reduce the pain in my back by moving bones!
11. hospitals that can give pre-mature babies a chance at life!
12. computers because without them I wouldn't talk to my friends and family enough
13. my brother for whom I have shared my amazing childhood memories with
14. 2 sets of parents that spoil up and help us and love us
15. milk and chocolate milk
16. on a similar note: apple juice and all juices in general
17. raid - to kill spiders
18. chocolate which I have had very little of in a long time
19. cell phones so I can call home to see if we're out of milk
20. colour - that we can see in colour, decorate with colour etc.
21. food....it's delicious, nutritious and yummy
22. candles - they are pretty, smell pretty and give off warmth
23. sweaters, sweatpants, and socks!! (even in the middle of summer!)
the list will go on...... later......
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




Well said sister! I am thankful for the friend I found in you! I miss our days of casually sitting and drinking tea, swinging from your backyard tree, and the crazy activities you had planned in your agenda for us!It was not as though I took those days that all 8 of us lived in our hometown for granted. I just did not realize until recently that you really do not understand the true value of what you have until its gone, or how much fun you really experienced until the memories become history. Our friendships are still strong, but there is distance and infrequent partying. I'm thankful that in the end no matter how much we grow and how far apart we all have to be, we're still able to pick up right where we left off.
ReplyDeleteI laughed especially when I got to the Raid, and the apple juice and juices in general and cell phones to call home about milk.
ReplyDelete