Tuesday, March 27, 2012

www.Chik-fil-A.com

So here's the story.... I have had 2 interviews so far for a job as the Marketing Director for a Chik-fil-A. 

Chik-fil-A is not a fast food restaurant. It is a fancy dine in chicken sandwich place.  It's the first of its kind, it was the first restaurant to serve a chicken sandwich. The dining room is nice, there is a rule that there has to be fresh flowers on all the tables. The restaurant was built on Christian Principles. They are open 6 days a week, open til 10pm only, yet they still turn a profit, even though Sunday's are typically the biggest restaurant day of the week.

The job is super cool. It's totally flexible, I will have the ability to work 30 hours or 45 hours a week depending on what is going on in the restaurant or in my life. There are several really cool things that they do. They do these things called emotional connection nights, such as daddy daughter dinner's or princess and super hero nights, or toddler play days where one of the sweet older women who works there reads to the children! It's all about making people feel connected to that particular store. Not always is the goal a profit. Another really cool thing about the job is that I will have an opportunity grow specific aspects of marketing that I want to grow. The flexibility to do video's or to cold call if that's what I want... I can do whatever! "L" my future boss, graduated with a Communication degree so she and I will be on the same page! She is very understanding.

Right now the position is held by a wife of a Denver Seminary Student, actually the Student Body President. "S" loved me!  We had a great chat this morning, she told me that she thought I will be fun to work with, that this position is perfect for me. 

So far, I have had 1 interview with "L", and 1 interview with "S". I am meeting "L" again on Thursday morning.... I'm pretty sure to finish the job, to do some paperwork, make it official.

I know that there is more to say, I just can't think of it right now....

1 comment:

  1. I am so stoked for you! I can't believe you got your dream job!! Now, God needs to answer my prayers! Congrats friend! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete