Sunday, March 4, 2012

www.whatAweekend.com

Friday night, I got home from work and headed over to Denver Seminary. A new friend of mine from my wives group, Lindsay, had mentioned how she and her husband, Elliot (Nick has many classes with him) never get time alone anymore since he's in school and she stays home with their 2 kids. They have Avery, she's 2.5yrs old and Lucas, who is 6 months old. So many of us have offered to babysit for her, but I was the first to be taken up on the offer. So Nick and I got there at 6:45, but by then Lucas was already in bed, so we were charmed for 45 minutes by the precious Avery! She is a bleach blond sweetheart! We coloured colouring books that I brought over, and she asked Nick to read her 3 of my favourite books that I also brought over!  She was a sweetheart, then she put herself to bed! It was too easy! We spend the rest of the night catching up on our show's online! I loved being able to help a couple out, they had a great date night!

Then early Saturday morning we met another couple and a bunch of their friends, at a local public storage facility to move their stuff into their new apartment! They had put their stuff in storage in Wisconsin, then moved it to storage here, lived for 3 months in some random people's basement, and now finally moved their stuff into their own place! Yeah!!

In 2.5 hours we had all their stuff in a truck and in their 2nd story building! It was a long walk from the truck to their place, but with 11 people things go quickly!! They fed us pizza, and then everyone left..... but I wasn't done yet. So Nick went off to do some homework at the library and I stayed and started unpacking boxes! Justine thought that it was going to be a month of unpacking and I thought that was crazy! I got their place into pretty tip top shape by the time we left! They took us out to dinner too, and paid for my chai latte at Solid Grounds. It was wonderful to get to know another friend on a deep level! We got home about 8:30 pm and still had a bit of time to relax.

This morning, Sunday, we got to church at 8:30 for choir practice. We have been that that church for 2 Sunday's, this being our 3rd and already we're singing in the choir! Nick sings in the very front row middle! So after practice, we got escorted off to a young marrieds Sunday School class where we learned after chatting with people, that Cassie Burnall - the girl who said "yes" to being a Christian and then was shot (whom Michael W. Smith did a song for) went to this church. We also sat in on a 19 year old playing the guitar and singing who is "deamed" a guitar genius and was flown out to do a show with Ryan Seacrest and was on Oprah!! He was really good!

After church wasn't so exciting, cleaning, Nick had a study group, I planned to have a skype date with the Pollaks, but they were busy.... I understand but I want to see my babies! Then at 6:30 we had more FRIEND time!! Ryan and Tara came over again!!! They invited themselves over about a week ago for tonight! They wanted to go hot tubbing!!! We were willing and exciting to have friends over again! We asked if they wanted to go to dinner with us to Jack n Grill, and they agreed which we were excited about because we wanted to get their burger's again! If you come to visit us, we will be taking you there!  They loved it!!!! Then we came back to our apartment to hot tub!  So overall a great, and friend focused weekend!

That's exactly what I've been waiting for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment