Monday, September 16, 2013

www.1year&3months.com

I know fall feels like it is barely here, if even here at all yet, but by golly 2014 is sneaking up on us so fast!

Already we're looking at this up coming weekend because a friend is getting married, which puts my mind-set into the "end-of-September" . I'm not soo good at living in the present, except when the present is the event I've been looking forward to such as a graduation or wedding. I am good about pausing to take it all in then.

However with "end-of-September" on my mind, that means that we're 1 month into the semester and the other day caused me to think instead of "a year and a half" (Fall, Spring, Fall Semesters) it made me realize that we really only have a year and 3 months left! By exaggerating only a little 2 years down and 1 to go! (I realize to Nick who is looking at the semester as 3 weeks down, 3 months to go it's not quite the same). Holy cow! That means in my mind I just jumped 3 months closer to "getting on with our lives = starting a family!" I always said I wanted to be 3 months pregnant when he graduated which would give me a year until then! Eeek!! We'll have to wait and see what God has planned though because I really don't want to enter into such a financially stressful time without knowing he has a job! Let's just say dream...."IF" this all works out the way I want to, I would be due mid June 2015! My Dad turns 65 and retires June 2015. HOW WONDERFUL OF A PRESENT WOULD THAT BE IF I FINALLY MADE HIM INTO A GRANDPA!!!?!!!?


There are 2 things that might potentially hold us back.
  1. Nick is taking Greek and Hebrew at the SAME time. Which is HARD!!! He has to do this 2 semesters in a row, before his final semester taking only Hebrew.  If it get's too hard he may drop a course which would keep us here an extra semester.
  2. He would really like to stay through the end of his high schooler's school year. He has had a group of boys that he has been leading since their sophomore year and he would really like to be around for all their graduations. I understand this desire, however if God opens a job for him before then......if not it makes sense for us to stay here, in the stable place that we are until God calls us somewhere. 
 What inspires this post actually is a sequence of texts and calls I got from Nick today:
  • He just finished taking a Hebrew quiz and he's really getting the hang of it and it's all starting to come together. He  was excited because he did really well on the quiz!
  • He realized he didn't have any Greek Translations due this week! 
  • The sky is blue and the sun is out for the first time in 5 days of torrential downpours and flooding.
  • He got a great night's sleep last night!
  • He gets to see a whole bunch of his BEST friends from College in a few days!
  • He gets to SLAP one of his best friends - right before he stands up with him at his wedding!
  • He gets to see his family in a few days!
  • "So excited about life right now" (actual text message)
It's a good day!

"We may not know what the future holds, but we know the One who holds our future!"

1 comment:

  1. I love that we can trust God with our lives. He works everything for good. You're on the final home stretch, you're almost there my friend!

    ReplyDelete