Labour Day Weekend!!!
It's amazing how much you can do in a weekend with an extra day!
Nick stayed on campus afterwards and played cards with some of the single guys, and I went home for a shower and to read my Library book. I was too tired and fell asleep at 9:45 and didn't wake up until 10am the next morning!
I had a photoshoot with Mariah at 11am.
We went to 3 locations. She changed her shirt each time.
For more of these pictures enlarged of Mariah click here.
Sunday was a normal Sunday. Coffee Bar - Mike was gone as he will be for the rest of the month because he thinks getting married is a good excuse, and I was the only one who could make coffee, so I didn't make it to the service at all which saddens me because choir is back! I got home from church; still in the cleaning mode I cleaned and organized our kitchen and feel much better about it. I realized I had several items in a prime cupboard taking up a lot of space that I didn't use. Moved them, and put several small appliances in the cupboard instead of on the counter making our apartment instantly bigger! Then I relaxed, took a nap, and skyped with my best friend and my parents! I also set up my new backdrop and took a few pictures... check out more over here.
What's the news Hebrews?
Monday, the 3rd day of the weekend (which I think we should implement every weekend!) we drove down to CO Spgs. On the drive there, Nick used his flash cards and learned the Hebrew Alphabet for class! I can now recite the whole thing thanks to me, the driver being a parrot and repeating everything he said. Part of how I remember things is by associating them with other words, and in this case I made up a story.
Gimel, Dalet, He, Vav, Zayin, Cheit, Teit, Yod, Khaf, Lamed, Mem, Nun, Samekh
became:
Kimmel was doing Ballet and said Hey Bob, just Sayin Chet Tet, while a Yodeling cow and lamb at a picnic with mom and a nun of Samiches!
So if you can picture that - all you need to remember is the first 2: Aleph and Beit (which is easy because that's A & B) and then Ayen, Peh, Tzadi, Qof, Reish, Tin, Shin & Tav. While I had them memorized he still had to memorize the characters as well so I had it a bit easier!
Once at Joe and Rochelle's in CO Spgs I proceeded to hold their brand new baby most of the time we were there, and had an impromptu baby photoshoot. Here are some pics from our day there.
We got home early evening so that I could go to a PiM3 meeting. This week is going to be a busy one getting ready for the PiM3 Fall Brunch!






















Love all the pictures!! Glad you had an extra day off. It is nice.. Um, my blog is having a contest and no one has entered.. What the heck?? Please enter!!
ReplyDelete