Talk about Feeling Blessed.
I know God doesn't work this way, but I just signed up for a class that the Seminary offers for women who desire a deeper intimacy with Christ and are eager to engage an intentional spiritual formation journey. The class moves progressively through a fifteen-week journey toward becoming
the woman God created you to be.
So I don't know if God is blessing me for choosing to spend my time/money in a class that will most-likely push and challenge me in my relationship with him, but 3 times this week I/we have been blessed.
1st at Choir: Jim who I have only ever talked to once, told me his brother found at a garage sale a whole bunch of lighting and backdrop stuff for photoshoot's and bought it for $30 and his wife thought of me and wants to give it to me! Crazy! She also just texted me this morning because she found a pair of shorts at Target that looked about my size on clearance.... too funny!
2. Then a minute later Loren came up to me and handed me a tripod that was left in his lost
and found at work for a long time and they were going to be throwing
everything out. It's a VERY nice quality one worth around $150-200.
3rd. The following day, I took my car to a gentleman from church who last year when we I was unemployed said if we ever needed anything, to call him. On Wednesday, the same day as the 1st 2 blessings, my car's drive's side front window regulator (the one you use at a bank drive-thru, food drive-thru or roll down to cool you off because you're A/C doesn't work well on a 97 degree day) snapped on the inside of the door making it impossible to roll up or down the window. So I took him my car, and asked if while he was at it he could look at my A/C and see if he could find the leak or whatever was causing it not to work. I dropped off my car at lunch, had a co-worker pick me up, and then had Nick pick me up at the end of the day to go get my car. Not only did he find the part and fix the door in the 4 hours of the afternoon he fixed my A/C and replaced a headlight that was out.
ALL.
For.
FREE.
Blessed I tell you! Blessed!
Bonus Blessing:
At work all the admin staff were talking about getting these t-shirts that are all about the Hump day commercial. If you haven't seen it go here. I had just gone through our finances and with the 4 jobs I work, and realized we have less than $20 leftover a month after rent/gas/groceries/insurance etc. So since everyone else agreed to buy the shirt, my boss offered to pay for mine. It just wasn't something I could see myself wasting my dollars on.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment