Nick had told me he would go to the gym with me and he was going to swim with me. I have been asking him to swim with me for MONTHS! But then he got a call from Tyler asking him if he wanted to go to the other 24 Hour Fitness and shoot hoops (the one closest to us doesn't have sports). But he had already promised me he'd swim with me, so instead he invited Tyler to the Beach.
Bucket List - go to a beach: Check!
We went to the Chatfield Reservoir,
paid $8 entry fee into the State Park,
(what are you gonna do when you live by mountains - not oceans/lakes)
you can actually bike in for free, if you know what you're doing....
Tyler and Nick acted like boys and threw sand and rocks at each other!
I made Nick pose for the obligatory couple photo!
Had this gorgeous view when you're out in the water!
The view is way better in person than from my dumb phone camera, but you can't beat the mountains, the sun, the clouds, the water.... sigh.
Yep there I am! In the water - it was cold at first but I eventually got used to it!
It's pretty big - the white dots way out there are small boats
Some Canada Geese saw my red Canada bag there next to my towel and book!
That's my feet in the clear water!
awww a smoochy picture! I actually just made this picture the background for my phone now!
That's actually a good sized motor boat out there in the picture below!
Yep - good times!
The 3 of us went to Chick-fil-A after that, and then I got really nauseous on the way home, to the point of when we dropped Tyler off at the Seminary I made Nick stay parked for a bit.... Then I stayed on the couch the rest of the night, got up went to work for an hour the next morning and came home sick. It was really nice to come home sick and know that I was still getting paid! (in previous jobs I either didn't get sick time or had to take off 1 day without pay first - which I couldn't afford to do).




















No comments:
Post a Comment