Monday, August 26, 2013

www.ASPEN&MaroonBells.com

This morning at work, one of the guys asked me how my weekend was, and I told him it was great! I was in ASPEN!!!   His response cracked me up; "ooh.... you are rich!?". 

I needed the break from life (I think I mentioned that in a post earlier), and it was sooo neat to go to Aspen and see what is the most iconic and photographed Mountain Range in Colorado, but you have to be rich to go to Aspen! Nick was actually almost sick walking around the town of Aspen. Sick because one of God's amazing creations is so expensive for people to come see, that not everyone can afford to come here. We're poor, yes and we managed but we had to be creative. We stayed in a village about 20 minutes from Aspen, still Ski Country, but because it was Summer the rates were more affordable. We only ate out once while we were there.... and at the cheapest restaurant there at that!




We stayed at the StoneBridge Inn, in a little ski village about 20 minutes outside of Aspen called Snowmass. We got there before 10pm, but not with enough time to hit up the hot tub before they closed at 10.


We got up Saturday morning and headed in to catch the bus up to Maroon Bells. But first we stopped and got some iced coffee's at the Ritz Carlton!

Here are just a few snippets from our 5 hour long hike in the Maroon Bells.






These are from Crater Lake- the place most people stop hiking and turn around and go back down to the other lake.....

yep - we smooched!
It's not over though.....

more pictures coming later...........

No comments:

Post a Comment