Wednesday, October 16, 2013

www.ElaboratePranksterI'mNot.com

 I get a text from Nick asking what was with the plates on the dryer because he thought I was trying to pull an Elaborate Prank on him!

Here is the long story to the non-prank.

Last night, since all our friends were in Colorado Springs without me, and didn't get home until after I went to bed sleep alone on the floor (because the guest's get the bed/couch) I did a few errands. I was quite productive actually.

4:45 - Went straight to leasing office for free Taco Bell from 3-5pm.
4:50 - Walk to apartment and find FedEx notification
4:55 - Back to leasing office, wait in line for 10 mins.....
5:12 - Back near my apartment and start filling my pockets
          with perfectly golden aspen leaves.
5:30 - Eat taco's, start a load of laundry and jump in shower
6:00 - Pick out clothes for tomorrow
6:10 - Start calling around for a pharmacy that sells glycerine. Play on FB.
6:40 - Go to Wal-Mart to get it a special order item they keep in stock
          unlike the 4 other places I called, also buy more egg nog
          cuz I love the stuff, and 3 boxes of cake mix and poppy seeds!
6:55 - Mix water with glycerine and pour enough to cover the leaves.
                                              (add picture)
          Put another plate on top to keep leaves submerged... repeat.
                                              (add picture)
7:15 - Realize they're not coming home anytime soon so decide
          to bake a cake. Mix ingredients. Realize I don't have almond extract.
7:20 -  Drive to King Soopers for Almond Extract. Also get baking powder.
7:35 - Put cake in the oven. Start reading my book.
8:05 - Take Almond Poppy-seed cake out of oven to cool.
8:30 - Finally get around to icing it.Cut it and pack one for lunch.
8:35 - Keep reading, make homemade bed out of blankets
          (air mattress has a hole)
11:30 - got to sleep.

Here's the part about not being a prankster.

Nick gets up this morning and see's a stack of plates with a note on top that says "PLEASE do not move."
What does he do?
You guessed it.
Moves the plates and gets squirted in the face with water/glycerine.
Nope - not an elaborate prank.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Totally unplanned and he still got it.l I love that.

    ReplyDelete