Monday, October 14, 2013

www.OhioFriends4Thanksgiving.com

This past week I've been cleaning like a crazy person, putting away as much stuff as I could, and preparing to feed several more mouths per day that usual. Nicks bestest friends in the whole wide world arrived Saturday night after driving 20 hours straight to get here from Ohio!!

We knew they were getting close, so instead of waiting outside I decided to run in to go to the bathroom real quick before they got here, but as I flipped on the light switch I could hear all kinds of crazy man yelling! I ran right back outside, leaving the light on.

Nick was very very excited to have his boys back together, especially at our place in Colorado!!
Since they didn't get here until about 4:30, it was about 5:30 when we were like, well if you want to see mountains today we need to head there quickly before it gets dark. We took them to Red Rocks, while not a fantastic view of gorgeous tall snow peaked mountains, it's unique and pretty, and not to hard for the altitude adjustment.

We're not sure why Clare was sooo far away! maybe leaving room to photo shop me in?

Nick decided to make Clare feel less loney:
 just a pretty:
 The Girls....

 Apparently I forgot to send myself pics of just the boys.... will add that later!

If you're wondering, yes we slept 6 people in our 1 bedroom apartment - 1 more than our previous record! We put Eric & Rhoda in our bedroom, Ross & Clare on the pull-out-sectional-couch, and Nick and I slept on a single air mattress/sleeping bags.

Sunday after church the boys played Frisbee with Tyler from the seminary while the girls hung out in the kitchen!



 We popped over just for a second for me to catch these pictures to remember this by and was in love with the clouds!!!

Today, Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving but I made the big meal yesterday for everyone and we invited Joe and Rochelle over with their baby from Colorado Springs. This was Aunt Clare and Uncle Ross's first time seeing their 2 month old niece Shelby!

Here is my turkey in the process of cooking it,
 and here it is when I deemed it done!
 Here is the lineup of food.... Clare/Ross's Fry Bread, Britts Cheesy Mashed Potatoes, Apple Cider, Thanksgiving Carrots, corn, cranberry sauce, gravy & of course Turkey!

We had some random appetizer's like these Diane Sauce Meatballs, peanuts, hummus, candy corn, pretzel rolls, etc.
 This is what my plate looked like before eating it!
 Joe made this apple pie from SCRATCH and it was OOOH sooo Delicious!! 
 This is me making the gravy from the turkey juice!
Here are some pictures from after dinner, with the Shelbs-miester!!


 Tyler invited himself asking when Thanksgiving was because he loved it so much last year and we were like - the more the merrier!
After Ross assured everyone he has the worst memory, I whipped out this lovely game from the 80's and all the guys played it for like an hour or more, with "air-soft gun to the butt" bets on the looser.

She sure smile's at her daddy!!

Aunt Clare & Shelby!


Shelby in Uncle Ross's Shoes!
 here is a family shot: 
Ross, Joe, Clare & Shelby, Rochelle!
Here is a Friends shot:
Nick & I, Shelby, Rochelle, and Joe, Rhoda & Eric, Clare & Ross!!

Soo far it's been a great 2 days. Clare & Ross rode back to Co Spgs with Joe & Rochelle to spend 2 days with them since they're family. Since I had to "work" today and Nick has Hebrew class he can't skip we sent Rhoda & Eric up to Breckenridge area, where it's snowing and the big mountains are all covered in snow!!

It has been wonderful having our friends soooo close! Nick is just crazy happy to have all his guys brother's together!

1 comment:

  1. You're Thanksgiving looks delicious!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete