Tuesday, October 1, 2013

www.PartnersInMinistry.com

“We work together as partners who belong to God. You are God’s field, God’s building – not ours.”
-  I Corinthians 3:9

What does it mean to be a Partner in Ministry on a daily basis?

Right now for me that looks like writing out Hebrew Flash Cards. Nick writes out the Hebrew word, and I write the English word on the back (and draw a pretty picture to go with it).

And it also means helping him study for Greek. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that, when I don't know anything more than Alpha and Omega, Beta, Delta, & Gamma, but hopefully I can be helpful.



It also means helping him with Student Council tasks like creating and inviting the other StuCo member's to events on a Google Calendar.

It also means doing ALL the laundry sometimes. He does it when he can, but sometimes there is so much laundry at a time that he's just swamped.

Someday's it means I have to put away my dreams of the future and realize he's happier in the here and now and scared of the future.

But being a partner implies there is 2 of you, not just one; so sometimes it means he has to take care of a sick me because I have worn myself out taking care of him and myself.

Most mornings it means I get up hours before him to go to work, and he sleeps in. Then I fall asleep on the couch and he stays up late.

Sometimes it means I take my camera to church and film him speaking to the Youth Group.

Right now it also means he is out of the house 2 nights a week for Youth Group and 2 nights for classes, and sometimes an extra night for guys night out.


Philippians 1:3-11

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart. You share with me the special favor of God, both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth of the Good News. God knows how much I love you and long for you with the tender compassion of Christ Jesus.
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ's return. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation-the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ-for this will bring much glory and praise to God.

1 comment:

  1. Drew is helping me study for my licensure exam. I get the flash cards and studying.. It's a lot of work :)

    ReplyDelete