He has decided to start spelling C-words with K's... so Cute is now Kute - he got a little out of control and spelled Yes - Kes..... what a goofball. I love him.
A bunch of weeks ago when my dad "tricked" me into coming home, I decided that it was important when I was home to make a special time to hang out with him, since I know he's having a hard time adjusting to the fact that I'm "leaving" him for another man..... in 252 days. So I asked him if we could go out on Cinderella Dates. (I was inspired by Steven Curtis Chapman's Cinderella song)
Our first date we had was to a restaurant called Glitters where we have shared many a dates and many a cheesy mushroom appetizer.
We went to bulk barn together as we often do, to buy candy for my Nick.
This most recent time I was home did 2 special things together; first - we went out to this ginormous Ice Cream Cone called Twirlies and sat in the "front lawn" while eating a cheese cake twirly, banana berry twirly and drinking a blue raspberry slushy type drink. I didn't need both an ice cream and a drink but I was thirsty and my dad wouldn't deny me anything.
Secondly, we danced together in the living room. I wanted to practice our waltz steps before I forget what he's already taught me. The following night he and my mom's ballroom dance class was starting up again and he could also get in some practice so he wouldn't be completely lost.

The song explains these moments. We don't want to rush through life and miss these moments. We will have new kinds of moments once Nick and I are married, and I'm totally sure that I'm still going to crawl up into my daddies lap even after I'm married. Even Jesus cried out to his Daddy in the garden when he was all grow'd up.




No comments:
Post a Comment