Sunday, September 21, 2008

www.roadtrip2theEccles.com

Hi all! This weekend I drove a car full of boys (Nick, Ben and Geoff) to downtown Detroit where my best friend and her husband live. When we planned this weekend originally it was just going to be the boys going, but Mel suggested I come too - we have girl-time, they have boy-time. So I tried my best to let the boys have their boy time, but Nick kept coming over to see me!

We arrived about 8:30 and jumped right into the fun!!! Mel had made chocolate cake which we almost ate all of that night. The six of us hung out together having fun, the boys played Euchre and Mel and I were watching TV or talking or something our goal was to keep Mel up past her bedtime by an hour but we exceeded our goal by half an hour. After she went to bed I decided to read but only got one page read before Nick and I came over and hung out with me. (He said some of the most romantical things... I love him) Then the boys and I watched Fight Club. I fell alseep somewhere between 3:30 and 4am inbetween listening to their locked parking lot gate opening ad closing all night long. In the morning we were all up by 9:30 (except Nick - 11ish) had muffins and pancakes for brunch. Mel's apartment is sooo downtown if you look out their window you can see the Detroit River and Canada!

Mel and Kevin had biked to Wayne State because he had a 2 hour long meeting. She biked back and we did Dance Praise which was fun! The boys did homework and played cards again. Mel and I scrapbooked for a while in the afternoon, the boys went to Meijer to get stuff to eat during the football game and after eating tater tots and Nick bought me Chocolate Milk (I love him) we drove out to Belle Isle and the boys played Frisbee, the girls walked around for a bit and talked. We enjoyed watching 4 sets of bridal parties taking pictures at the fountain and posing for some pics ourselves.
After Frisbee we went to Applebees where I ordered the trio platter and had mini cheeseburgers, mini chicken finger sandwhiches, and honey bbq wings. A game of poker and Miss Congeniality later we drove home. The ride home was a blast in itself - we played "3 rounds of Ask Geoff Questions", and many rounds of 2o Questions. It was soo fun I was soo proud of Ben figuring out what I was thinking of: "A Balloon". Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment