Sunday, September 28, 2008

www.My1stEverettFamilyVacation.com

This weekend has been something I've been looking forward too for a long time!!! I was invited to share in my first Everett family vaction!! Saturday morning Nick and I drove my new car to the Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, Ohio. It is an indoor Safari themed - indoor water park! This is what the inside of our African Queen Suite, equipped with 1 King sized bed, 2 queens in a separate room, 1 pull out queen sized couch (that I slept on), 3 27'' flat screened TV's, full kitchen, 2 full bathrooms etc.


Mom and Dad's room


Nick and Randy's room! They had fun wrestling in there! Nick is pretty sure he had his brother in the best position ever until dad got in there to "save" Randy!

The Living Room - a.k.a. my room - I slept on the pull out couch! Nick and I watched a House marathon after everyone else went to bed - but Nick fell asleep anyways so he went to bed at midnight to get rested up for more water park fun the next day!

This was the kitchen, where we had homemade cold-cut sandwhiches for lunch on Saturday and snacked throughout the weekend.

This was a family picture in front of the fireplace right before checking out of the room and going back to the waterpark!


Gotta love a lazy river after a long day of standing in lines. We all rode the river several times.....

However the river wasn't always so lazy: there is this one section full of waterfalls where the boys: Nick and Randy decided to gang up on me and keep me under all the waterfalls - it didn't take long for Dad to join in the fun of keeping the squealling girl under the waterfalls!

He's kissing me - like always :o)!


This is my second time body surfing on the FlowRider!


Dad's first attempt at body surfing!


Mom's second ride on the wave - she was really good!!!

Nick he was soo good - he even did a flip!!!

Randy Jr. (Brother) - He did a flip too!!!

We all rode:
the Zip Coaster, the Tanzanian Twister 2x, the Cheetah Race, and more plus whatever the boys did while we were at the SPA!
Our favourite was the Swahili Swirl which we rode girls- 2x, boys -6x (4 while we were at the spa!)
Nick and I went on the Leopards Lair. It's the kiddy jungle gym one where you can dump, shoot and splash water!
There was a tiger cub there - soo cute!!


Mom and I went to the spa to get a pidicure!!! It was really high class and we got spoiled - we got to sit in the lounge, they got us tea while we had the pedicure, got to sit in massage chairs, it was divine!!
Note:
a) how white my legs are compared to hers!
b) our fancy "pedicure"shoes
c) that mine are on the wrong feet.

After walking back from dinner Nick stepped on my fancy shoes - and one of them broke in half! We all laughed sooooo hard! It was hilarious at the time!

The whole weekend was so much fun, and I very much felt a part of the family. We felt a bit spoiled, ate at Kahunaville for dinner, (I had a mushroom/cherry/chicken thing with ginger mashed potatoes) and had a huge buffet brunch at the hotel (I ate my whole plate full which was way to much for me)!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun! Wow, we're gone for a week and I have so much blogging catch up to do! :)

    ReplyDelete