Monday, June 15, 2009

www.LeRendezvous.com

Our friends are important to us. Nick had to work til 3am Friday night/Saturday morning so I had us all packed and ready to go, we woke up at 6:13 and left by 6:29 for Ohio so we could spend some time with Joe and Rochelle before they move to Colorado.


Ok so that wasn't the whole reason we got up so early but it was the reason we went to Ohio. There was a charity Frisbee tournament that Nick was invited to play in that started at 11am. I drove the whole way. I love spending time with my husband!!!


Since he was playing Frisbee I spent some quality time with his mom. We went shopping! We spent time being girls!!! Almost as if we were mother/daughter! She has only had boys so we definately had fun. We went garage sale-ing - looking for chairs, and came up non-successful! However niether of us are big garage sale-rs, but I came away with 1 Steve Green CD of all Hymns for $0.50! I love it!!

The location of lunch was Applebees, we shared a trio platter or appetizers: the boneless BBQ chicken wings, mini cheeseburgers, and chicken flappers or some funny name like that. Then we each got one of the little ice cream shots! She had a cheesecake one and I had a banana/carmel one.

We returned home and waited for Nick to get home. He had a great time even though he didn't win, but he got to see Ross, Clare & Eric as well as some other acquaintences. Had Eric and Ross been able to stay for the whole tournament it would have had a different outcome I'm sure!

We enjoyed Ming Hing, Nicks favourite Chinese food!! Then took off for Joe and Rochelles, where we had a good time hanging out with them and the Grismers! We ate pizza, talked and watched a movie. Classic!

Sunday morning began early by going to the early service at his church! I love his church!!! The service was great, the music wonderful. Mr. Hochtetler came clear across the front of the church during a worship song, pulled Nick and I out of our pew and prayed for us and for our marriage! It was touching!!

Church was followed by a Sunday afternoon nap (that started at 10:30am!!) and lunch at like 1:30ish! It was wonderful! Ross showed up while his wife was at our bridal shower and then we had to drive home - in separate cars!! boooo!! but yeah to having 2 cars again!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you and Nick's mom went shopping and had a girls day. Much more fascinating then watching frisbee hahah. Good to know that days like that still happen when you're married.

    ReplyDelete