Wednesday, June 3, 2009

www.catchup.com

So I wrote a journal of the last 2 weeks while I was on the honeymoon so that I wouldn't forget anything - I most-likely have forgotten some things but here is what I wrote (disclosure: I cut some info out of the journal):

Sunday – May 17, 2009
The night before we picked up Mel on the way home from Nicks Graduation. She came to church Sunday morning which was so wonderful to be back at MY church! At 1:00 ish we headed to the Ploegman’s house for a personal shower thrown by Carrie Dawson. I was blessed by my family, friends, and Gospel Text staff with amazing lingerie and other body products! My favourite gift was the 32 AA batteries from the guys who looked at the invitation and saw my bra size….. Then my friends came over and helped finish stuff while I took a bath! We put in Bride Wars and watched that while I fell asleep ish on the floor by the fireplace. Dana dragged me into the guest room as soon as the movie was over and I went to bed at like 10:30.

Monday – May 18, 2009
Mel and I shopped for the ushers gifts, Terry and Linzy were over and we worked on slideshows, held the baby, had an amazing nap right before the church shower. For an hour and 20 mins straight with barely enough time to look at each gift I opened gifts. We are soo blessed. After the shower I showed Dad all the stuff we got and then put it upstairs!
Bessie made Roti/Chili for dinner which was delish!!

Tuesday – May 19, 2009
We went to the church and set up the whole sanctuary - Melissa, Dana, my brother and parents helped out soo much. We had Wendy's for lunch!! At night I had my hair trial where we decided to do my hair up and curly with very little hairspray!

Wednesday – May 20, 2009
Nick’s parents arrived on Wednesday about dinner time but before that we spent the day decorating the church. Dana, Mel, Melissa, Mom, Dad, Michael and I worked like crazy ironing, wrapping tree pots, draping, and moving trees. It was a lot of work and mom and I had a bit of a different idea of what we wanted the stage to look like but in the end it turned out beautifully.
At dinner I heard my cell phone saying I had a message. I looked and it was from Nick so I called him immediately. Turns out his car had basically broke down and he didn’t know what was wrong and how he was going to get to Canada. The good news was he didn’t have to work like he thought he did, and it didn’t break down on his way to Canada or on the honeymoon. It took us forever to figure out the solution – but he ended up driving my car across the border, announcing that it was his wife’s car and had no problems.
We went back to the church after our Chicken and Dumplings and did a bit more decorating….

Thursday – May 21, 2009
In the morning the Mom’s and I went to Radiance Spa for Mani’s/Pedi’s and Mel came along for the ride. I only got the Pedi that day (saved the Mani for Saturday morning). We went for lunch with all the boys at Andy’s Pizza for Panzarotti’s, then I took his parents to Gospel Text, then to get my eye brows waxed and then back to the house where my Nick was waiting for me. I was soooo excited to see him!!
We played Frisbee, went to Sears, and Bulkbarn where we bought the Groomsman gifts. Dinner was meatballs with pasta, rice, or in a sub form.
In the evening, Terry met us at the church and his parents got to watch the slideshows and hear the music to get as much tears out as possible!!
(best night ever – Nick and I)

Friday – May 22, 2009
Friday was decorate the Hall day. We got there and set up the tables and put table cloths on them – which we didn’t have to do but if we wanted to put the center pieces on them, we had to do it. When we got their the decorator had already done a lot and it looked great! We had fun setting that up and wrapping the favours which were Ohio Buckeye’s and Canadian Maple Leafs. I went to go pick up my shoes which were getting the straps tightened –but the shoe guy was annoying and didn’t have them done like he said he would (but I could tell he wouldn’t) so Dad and I gave him 20 mins to have them done, ran to the church and a home for a second and then went back and got them. After the hall was done, we went back home, and got ready for the rehearsal. I took a shower, Nick washed the car, and Carrie came over and did my make-up (a trial for the next day).

The rehearsal was fun, all the guys from Nicks wedding party arrived at the church and it was chaotic because everyone was excited and not everyone knew everyone. Mark Hirst did a great job and everyone loved him. We introduced everyone and got organized. I think it went very smoothly…. We went through the whole thing only once… 2 attempts at the walking down the aisle part though.
After the rehearsal we went back to my house for subs, salads, and ice cream cake it was a bit cold and we provided coats for everyone…. We handed out the gifts. My letters made the girls cry and the idea of Candy made the guys happy!!!

The guys headed out to Crabby Joes where they watched the game and played a game called “Buy Nick a Drink”. The girls went to Kelsey’s where we got Virgin drinks and acted drunk!!!

I got home and talked to my daddy for a long while on the couch then went to bed!!!

Saturday – May 23, 2009
7am I was awoken by my parents singing “Going to the chapel….” Then hopping in the shower to wash my hair so I could have natural curls for my wedding day. 8:00 I went to Gayla’s house to have my hair done, mine took less than an hour. We called Nicks mom to let her know to head on over right before I was done and then my mom sat down and got her’s done. We had the veils put in mine and put the long veil in the La Senza bag to carry around so it wasn’t dragging behind me. Then mom escorted me off to Carrie’s house to have my make-up done. She did a great job!! At 9:30 we went back to Radiance Spa where I had my manicure done.

Arriving at my house, I found the photographers already there and breakfast on the table. The Loney’s had offered to make breakfast. Forever ago Karen asked me what I wanted, and I told her I wanted Dan to make donuts like he did when I was a kid. No one remembers him ever making donuts, but he got up at 4 am and made me donuts! There was also fruit, waffles and parfaits. Then I went into wedding central – previously known as “my room” and stayed there for what felt like forever. Mel helped me into my dress, and I took individual shots with each of my girls and then some of just me!!!! I can’t wait to see them! While I was in the room the boys arrived and had pictures taken in the back yard and came in for breakfast too. I could hear them, but couldn’t see them :o(. Then after the boys left for the church us girls went to the back yard and took pictures. The guys played Frisbee in the Gym and apparently brought the Frisbee onto the stage for the ceremony.

All of the girls headed to the church and Dad and I were the last of the wedding party to leave (Rhoda and Rochelle were still at our house finishing getting ready). Dad and I got into a little white hott Lexus convertible – thanks to the Ewalds. We had some time so we drove around town, and stopped in at Gospel Text. (I’ve had a vision of me standing in my dress in Gospel Text!) Then we arrived at the church – stopping to put down the top of the convertible for the arrival. I met my Grandpa in Pastor Andrews office to make sure I had a picture taken with him.
The girls and I walked through the church and waited to walk down the aisle. The wedding went smoothly. The message Mark gave spoke about each of us being God’s masterpiece which I thought was awesome since that is the song my mom used to sing to me (Masterpiece – Sandi Patti). The other memorable about the ceremony was that he ratted out the boys for having the Frisbee on the stage! Mel sang beautifully, mom played the piano beautifully – no one tripped! It was perfect! I’ve heard that Mary Campbell has been talking about the wedding all week!!
After we let each guest out row by row. Uncle Paul said the sweetest thing to Nick: “I haven’t gotten a chance to get to know you well, but from what I’ve seen and heard, I know Grandma would have loved you”.

Then Nick and I hopped in the Lexus and drove to the Schwandts house where we were having our pictures taken!! We got there way early and so we drove way out of the way where Nick could drive fast and I could feel the wind in my veils.
The weather was hot. Way hotter than we expected but the yard was beautiful and Wayne let us drive the car to the back of the property. Helen also had bread and Apple Juice/Canada Dry which was perfect!!!

After pictures we went right to the hall and started the party. It was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted!! I can’t even begin to say how perfect the cake was and my flowers!! They were exactly what I wanted!!!!! The food was amazing – the pasta – soooo delicious!!!! So was the salad.

Carrie’s speech was bar far the funniest – she quoted word for word Joey’s “Caring and sharing and receiving” speech from Friends. Mels was the most well written of course. Joe and Chris each shared a word that made all of us cry. Randy and Ross both spoke short and sweet! Nich even shared about the last year and much he loved getting to know us.
The dances went well. Dad and mine felt almost just like we were practicing again!! When we started dancing it got really quiet and people watched! Nick and I danced to a lot of songs together, and each enjoyed one fast one apart from each other – he YMCA, me Macarena, together the chicken dance and many slow dances. He danced with his boys to “What is Love?” and I danced with my girls to “Girls Just Want to Have Fun”. We each danced with other people too, Markie, Mel, Ben for me and Taylor, Carol.

He left to go to my house to change out of his tux so his friends could take it back. He came back and we danced to 2 slow dances alone on the dance floor: Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton and Fools Rush in by Elvis. We left right after that and went to the Retro Suites. I loved that people were staring at me in my dress. We took a quick tour of the beautiful room, I put on a little white almost-nothing and I spilled my rolo’s everywhere. We made popcorn, drank Dew and fell asleep in each others arms, then woke up still in each other's arms.

Sunday – May 24, 2009
In the morning we arrived at my parents house a few mins after 11am to open all of our wedding gifts while eating a brunch and leftovers prepared by my parents. Nick opened all the gifts and I wrote on the cards what we received… somehow there is missing silverware. We packed up as much stuff as we could into his parents car as they were heading to Napoleon to look at Nicks car. They had no trouble crossing the border, and we had to go in to have my Parole processed but it went very smoothly. There was an Asian couple trying to cross the border – Chinese passports she was from Toronto and he lived in Michigan and they had a dilemma because she didn’t remember being denied access to the US a year ago in NY. Neither Nick and I can comprehend not remembering going to NY a year ago…. Then we drove as far as we wanted to. We stopped for dinner at Applebees and shared an amazing appetizer and burgers. Then we stayed at a Drury Inn passed Cincinnati but in Ohio still which was very nice. We enjoyed the hot tub where we were splashed by an annoying little kid. It was adorable watching Nick play with the kids in the pool from my view in the hot tub!

Monday – May 25, 2009
We enjoyed the continental breakfast at the hotel and then drove the rest of the way to our cabin in Tennessee. We started playing the license plate game to keep us occupied. Once arriving at our cabin we took a tour of the huge place we would call home for the next week. We went into Pigeon Forge to the Walmart to buy food for the week: brats, taco stuff, hamburger helpers, sandwich stuff ice cream, sprinkles, Dew, stawberrie’s, banana’s, fruity pebbles, toaster strudels. We went to TGI Friday’s too since we didn't make it there for either of our birthdays.

Tuesday – May 26, 2009
Each morning began about the same for the rest of the week – wake up – hit snooze and cuddle for a bit, take a shower, eat breakfast, take a nap or laying around doing nothing and eating. We enjoyed the hot tub in the rain/storm. Kissed in the rain….. Nicks Idea!!

Wednesday – May 27, 2009
Usual morning, we went back to Walmart and rented Mall Cop. The only thing we did Tuesday was go mini golfing at Ripley’s Old MacDonald’s Farm. The gianormous Jacuzzi got used as a great cuddling time.

Thursday – May 28, 2009
Usual morning, we had a fruit breakfast on a fun plate! We ventured out to Gatlinburg, where we ate corn dogs, wandered around, took a picture in a photo booth, found our way to the Ripley’s Mirror Maze. Nick was too smart for it, but without me being his place marker he would have been totally lost!!!

Friday – May 29, 2009
Usual morning, we went in the hot tub, then to Kroger to buy Laundry soap. Then we went to the Dixie Stampede for dinner… it was the best food – I ate a whole chicken. The show was great!! It was Nick’s first dinner theatre. Then we were soooo full that we came back to the cabin and laid around for a long time. We had a bath in the tub and sang and had a blast – all that was missing was the rubber ducky….

Saturday – May 30, 2009
Unusual morning, no sex just straight to Dollywood’s Splash Country. Fun day – lots of water, hottest day of the week – still cold though. We walked around a book store and a souvenir store but bought nothing.

Sunday – May 31, 2009
We got up and left by 10am and drove 9 hours home, stopping at a Waffel House for lunch and in Toldeo for Ice Cream with Ben and Kerri.

No comments:

Post a Comment