After a week of challenging driving arrangements due to having only 1 car. Thursday night I got off work at 9 and read book 2 of the Katie Weldon series by Robin Jones Gunn, (my fav. author) while I waited for Nick to come pick me up at 10:15ish and take me back to SAU. He had to work until 3am so I had made plans to stay at Anna’s apt until he got off work, however she wasn’t there. So I called Kelchy and went there instead until about 11:50 when Anna called. She still wanted me to come over even though it was so late so we stayed up and talked for a while before I took a quick nap until 3. Nick and I then dove home.
Friday I worked until 9pm again only this time his dad picked me up from work. He rented a trailer and came to pick up Nick’s car to take it home to get the work done on it cheaper. However since he had just driven 4+ hours we took a little break at the Parlour. I felt bad that Nick was missing out since he was working, but loved hanging out with his dad! Then we drove back to our house, where we proceeded to load up the car on the trailer which was more work than it needed to be – due to a stupid person who rented it before us. I gave the final push that got the car into place. After a glass of cold water, he was on his way home to Ohio with the car. Hoping to return on Sunday with a fixed car and a smaller bill than what we would have paid here.
Saturday Nick drove me to work for 10 this time, and then back home to get some more sleep since he got home at 3:30 the night before. The only good thing about him having to drive me to work, is that we get at good 30 mins of great conversing/reading time! My parents arrived at 2:20ish and began the fun job of painting the upstairs master bedroom and entryway. Nick went to work for 5pm, and my parents picked me up from work at 7pm. They bought us some groceries and then went out to dinner at Finley’s. Again I felt soo bad that Nick was missing out again!! Mom and I shared a delicious broccoli chicken alfredo. The three of us shared an appetizer platter, and I shared Dad’s smoothie with him. Then after arriving back home, I helped my mom put some more stuff away, and then helped my dad paint a little bit. By this point Nick had already talked to his dad and found out, that we were not going to get the car back this weekend….:o( so we have to do the 3am thing again all week! I’m going to be so exhausted.
Nick got home at 3:30am again and apparently we cuddled a lot and the whole time he was thinking that I would be loving it, however even though I had had a full, somewhat confusing conversation with him, I was asleep the whole time!! When I woke up my parents had put the whole bedroom together, and it looked beautiful!! We made a roast for lunch, and enjoyed spending time with my parents. Then Nick and I enjoyed our first afternoon/evening just the 2 of us, with a house in order enough for us to function!!!! He played with his magic cards, I worked on scrapbooking a bit. It is hard to scrapbook when you don’t have the pictures printed but you have the “scraps.” We had grilled cheese sandwiches and tater tots for dinner. It was a totally enjoyable relaxing day for us! I love being married!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment