Saturday morning we got up and I dropped Nick off at a Magic Tournament (which he got 3rd in) and then drove myself out to Jennie's to help her make the Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes for Hailey's 3rd birthday!! Jennie was soo sick that day. She needed me there to help slash do most of the baking - which I'm totally ok with because I think I like baking the cake more than eating it sometimes....!! Here's a pic of the final product! I even made the frosting Pink just for Hailey!
After we had them done, Jennie and her little pregnant cravings wanted more.... so we made another cake - in time for her to be nauseous again and not wanting any more - I think she ate 1 cupcake out of the second batch. She rolled around on a computer chair in the kitchen getting me ingredients because she was tooo nauseous to stand up!Nick called me right before the last game of the tournament so I could drive back into Jackson to pick him up. However Nich wasn't home yet and I didn't want to leave Jennie alone - feeling that sick, but after I waited as long as I could, I left. As I pulled out of the driveway Nich was pulling in so I didn't have to feel too bad - but I was a bit embarrassed when he pointed out that I had driven down the driveway with my can of Sprite on top of my car!!
It was a nice day so Nick started walking in the direction I was coming to pick him up, I picked up my first hitch hiker and took him to the Toy House in Jackson - where we picked up Hailey's birthday present and some Preggie Drops for Jennie. We ended up getting Hailey this Lady Bug that emits constellations onto the ceiling and walls of her bedroom for bed time. Apparently Jennie has been wanting one for her since Hailey was born!
Then we went out to eat at Bob Evans!!! Love that place! I had the chicken and noodle deep dish and Nick got some form a Quesadilla that wasn't enough food for him so we shared mine. We also shared my delicious peach sweet iced tea! Then we went to the movies! We had been looking forward to this for a couple days!
We saw The Proposal!!! It was REALLY funny. Everyone was laughing a lot! The story line is: Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullock) is the executive editor-in-chief of a book publishing company, Colden Books, who forces her assistant Andrew Paxton (Ryan Reynolds) to marry her in order to avoid being deported to Canada. I was sooo glad we watched it after we had OUR Immigration Interview!!!
After that we went home and enjoyed some time together! Nick & I broke the shower head trying to take it off to see what kind we needed to get. Then in the morning we went to church, bought a new shower head, and headed out to Albion for Hailey's party. We picked up a pink plant for the pot out side their door.
Hailey got a lot of great gifts, and had fun having a tea party with the girls.
She opened a few prematurely and she sang happy birthday to herself!
We left the party and arrived home with a couple hours to enjoy just us before I fell asleep during the last episode of How I Met Your Mother that we have on DVD... That's how tired I was -I slept thru the season finale...... I'm going to have to rewatch that tonight.
So overall even though it was a busy weekend with my husband it was great! I love him!!







No comments:
Post a Comment