Sunday, December 6, 2009

www.LonelyWeekend.com

So many feelings and phrases come to mind when I think of this weekend. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder?" Hold on to your hats for sappiness headed your way for those of you who persevere to the end.

Nick left me Friday morning for the SAU-Family Christmas dinner that I was invited to in Chicago - but couldn't go to due to making money and will return tonight.

I've been alone - yet:

I had a sleep over - in the sense of a real sleepover! - which I haven't done in years!!!! Jakey dropped MG off at Wal-mart at 9pm Friday night and she came home with me. She helped me take pictures of two houses that are competing for Christmas lights! We talked like teenage girls, except with 20+ year old content. We watched the chick-flickish channel on TV - the Wedding Channel. Nothing a little "Say Yes to the Dress" to say "girly sleepover." We got the Christmas Tree lights working (which is decorated with Christmas cookie cutters)! I helped her fill out a ton & a half of paperwork so she'll be prepared... however I need to talk to her again about a different possibility.... We stayed up until 3am!!! I dropped her off in the morning at Angie's in order to celebrate her boyfriends birthday with his family.
Instead of staying home alone all day Saturday and scrapbooking - I made the wise decision and let Debbie have the day off - since she didn't want to work and took her shift at Wal-mart cuz we could use the money. I decorated the window of the pharmacy for Christmas.

I talked to my parents for several hours. While on my lunch hour I called my parents and talked for almost and hour. Once I got home with my huge list of things to do, I called and talked to my parents again for a long time. I started onto my list and then got distracted and called them again... haha. Anyhoo, I finally did get everything done on my list including watching White Christmas - which right now, is on again!

I even had lunch with 2 friends. I went to church alone, hoping to find Nich who was Jennie-less since she is sick. It's better to sit with a friend than two sitting alone. The service was great and I loved singing the Christmas carols. They did an excellent job of choosing arrangements and the songs that fit with the message - I love it. After church I was so excited to see the tall skinny Pink person heading my way! I love that little girl and I have missed her soo much! Every time I see her, I'm amazed at how much she grows and changes. Then food was in order and since we didn't have our side-kicks - Chinese was not an option. Hailey voted for McDonalds but since she can't drive there - we decided on Bob Evans. That way Nich could take Jennie the Chicken Noodle Deep Dish thingy back to the Ronald McDonald house. I can't imagine how much her heart is hurting, since she hasn't seen the babies since Wednesday due to her sickness.... bummer.
The day isn't over yet. I have a hot date with a 3 and a half year old in pink tonight at 6pm while Jennie goes to a church meeting on her way back home to Albion. We're going to go to McDonalds at Hailey's request! I can't wait!
My brother borrowed my car to drive home to hunt until his deer tag ran out - and he finally got his first deer! I am soo excited for him!
...yet I still felt like I was missing something or someone...soo even with all those people to talk to I still missed having my Nick there to tell everything too, to share my days, hours and minutes with. The countdown is on...4-5ish hours till all is right again in my world.

ok scratch that - 8+hours..... boooo

No comments:

Post a Comment