Nick and I each pulled into the gas station in Albion, one car on either side of the pump. We had just left the Pollaks house on our way back home around midnight on Saturday night!
It was a long day- My brother had slept over the night before and then I worked at Wal-Mart - it was a crazy day. My shins and feet were hurting. We were threatened - told to give this dude his drugs or he would call the police! There were swear words and screaming and ridiculousness.
My lunch hour was the most exciting one I have ever had! My parents, brother, and my Nick all met me at the Parlour for lunch! How great is that!! I hate the short visits with my parents but I've done just a 30 minute lunch hour with my mom so the WHOLE family for an hour lunch hour was great!!!!
Then after work I met Nick at the Pollaks - he had been there all afternoon. They were preparing their house for the homecoming of the babies which is still yet to be determined - yet is soon!!! Nick did a lot of hard labour with Nich - moving, re-arranging, and throwing around bags and bags of diapers!! By the time I got there most of the hard work had been done! I got to help with the fun part - adding the final touches to making the baby room adorable - and thats what it is. It is soo comfortable and soothing in there! I know Jennie is going to hide out there until the babies get home.
Anyhoo I arrived at the house and were met at the door by Jennie, her mom and grandma, grandpa and Meme were there! Hailey met me in the living room excitedly - she was yelling "Nick Here, Nick Here!!" I love that!! Usually he isn't there or we come together - I don't think he's ever been there without me! She loved having him there! Hailey and I hung out a lot together and I loved it! She is the most adorable little person ever!
Hailey slept the night in her new tent! I was not quiet while were still working away while she was trying to sleep! I failed! The rest of the house still needs some clean-up work but overall the babies room and the upstairs landing are on their way to being ready! I can't wait til those babies come home! I loved talking with Jennie on the real level - hearing fears, excitement and all the feelings that come with bringing home 3 miracle babies!
Today we got to ride in their new baby blue mini van after church! The 5 of us went to our Chinese buffet! The van was fun - Hailey and Jennie and I watched a cartoon Christmas Baby Jesus movie! It was fun! Hopefully Jennie will post pictures soon!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment