Minutes before I got off work yesterday afternoon Nick texted me asking me if I wanted to play in the snow and informing me that he was already in his snow suit and waiting for me. I had no choice. So I exited the church to what I knew was coming for me - a snowball. I ran in the house added a hoodie, boots and his coat to my ensemble and headed back out to the park across the street for a snowball fight with my husband. I like to think I won - because I hit him more times.... It didn't last long because my lungs can't take running around in the cold air. We swang on the swings for a bit then walked over to the post office to pick up our mail.
But the fire is so delightful:
After a yummy cheese hashbrown and hamburger lunch we took a wonderful afternoon nap together. Then I wanted a kiss when I woke up and sometimes Nick makes me work for it. 27 mins later, after wrestling and fighting to get my face close enough to his for the kiss - I won! I had managed to get out from my pinned down position and stood victorious on the navy lazy boy. As soon as I was there he grabbed me by the legs to take me down - but he didn't have anyway of blocking this kiss - and Victory was mine!!!
And since we've no place to go:
Then he decided he wanted Ice Cream and we needed milk anyways so even though we didn't have to go - we went to the local grocery store - not before prying my frozen car doors open! We never got around to eating the ice cream but I did make home made broccoli soup from scratch. It wasn't my best but Nick loved it so all is good. Then as we were randomly watching Scrubs on TV we decided to create Nick & Brittney's Top 10 Episodes of our favourite seasons. We haven't come up with complete or final lists yet - but when I do I'll post them.
Twas a wonderfuly fun afternoon with my husband.
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment