Wednesday, February 10, 2010

www.firstBird.com

We don't have any pets, but yesterday we had a bird.....

.... For dinner

I cooked my first bird! I had to call home for help but he turned out looking pretty!! I didn't enjoy moving the wings and realizing how this was a live animal not that long ago that moved and breathed and is one of God's creations - just like me - and I didn't like sticking my hand up his butt looking for spare parts, but I did it. Anyhoo - he turned out pretty tasty and made some yummy gravy!

See below:

This was all in celebration of me having the day off even though I was scheduled to work. Weeks ago I had begged for less hours and no Tuesdays again! My boss thought he switched it, and he schedule someone else to come in yesterday but never changed my schedule - so I showed up to work, clocked in normal and then got to the pharmacy and found out that I wasn't supposed to be there... so I worked for 30mins until I could clock out again - then shopped a bit and came home to cook Nick an awesome dinner, since he made me breakfast in bed!

This is what the leftover chicken looks like, my first ever home made brothy soup (even the broth is homemade):

Nick is eating it for dinner tonight so we'll see how it tastes!

See previous 2 posts for newly added pictures!

1 comment: