It started Friday night when I got off work at 6 pm. I had finished my work week, the last week of working soo many hours. I worked my last day at the church on Thursday, and they were gracious to us and gave us a big plant! I'm excited to now have 2 pets... I mean plants to take care of!
The snow wasn't fun to drive in but I was determined to get to my destination: The Pollak Day Care. I arrived almost 30 mins later than I expected but I made the decision to get there safe, not sorry. When I got there, Hailey was there, as well as Jennie's mom and her friend. From the second I walked in the door until I left at midnight I had someone in my arms, Hailey, Sugar, Brooklyn, or Brennan! I did get to feed Brooklyn again which I loved! I loved holding the babies and feeling competent doing so! For a while I felt like I wasn't even being helpful, but after watching Nich lay on the couch babyless for about an hour, I realized how rare that is for him, then he went to sleep since he hadn't gotten any sleep the night before. Jennie who was falling asleep offered to take that 3 hour shift... as soon as he got upstairs she asked if it was ok if she closed her eyes and to wake her up in 45 mins. About 2 hours later, Brennen had a poopy diaper and cried, despite the fact that I was changing his little diaper, he woke Jennie up. That was the end of my evening there, but I got to feed and put Brooklyn to sleep which is just a wonderful experience!! You must try it - let me know if you want to go help them - I'll hook you up!Then I got home about 1am where my husband was waiting for me. We had spend almost the entire weekend without seeing each other for (not joking) more than 35-125 seconds a day. NOT COOL. We missed each other a lot!! Soo Friday night was a blessing - we just enjoyed each other, being able to hold one another. There is nothing like it... absence does make the heart grow fonder. We had waited all week to watch the 2 final episodes of Gilmore Girls (they aired Monday/Tuesday and we didn't watch them until early Saturday morning). Was it worth it, Nick didn't think so - he was bummed that Rori didn't end up with anyone and he was hating Loralai soo much because she was with so many men, he wanted her to end up alone! Ha. He was happy Luke was happy. Sooo our ending to Gilmore Girls wasn't as emotional as Mel's because we knew it was the end, however it is still sad to see that part of our life end. We've been watching it together for months!!! However we didn't start quite at the beginning so we're watching it again - we did watch the beginning in order my senior year of college, but we know we're missing some in the middle so until we've seen every episode we won't quite!
Due to our crazy sleeping weekend schedule we woke up around 11 - ate something (I can't remember what) and then went back to sleep for several more hours. It didn't matter that we didn't do anything entertaining or productive, we were together and focused on just us! It was totally needed and wonderful. We did end up going into Jackson to the Meijer to get groceries together. We don't want to buy too much that we'll have to move, but we do still need to eat and I was tired of grocery shopping by myself. I have always loved grocery shopping with him! We watched the Canadian men win Curling and more Olympics. For dinner I made my first Stir Fry and it was fantastic... ooh I have pictures.. I should upload those...

Sunday was another somewhat relaxing day... not all of it, because let me tell you that last period plus the over time of the Canada vs. USA Olympic Hockey game for the Gold left me breathless and heart pounding! However the 2 weeks ended as we wanted it to with Canada holding the record amount of Golds and the 2 that mattered most - Golds in both men & women Hockey as well as Gold and Silver in curling. I called up for the presentation of the gold medals - just to remain connected to home. During the game - I made one of the easiest meals I have ever made - that is sooo delicious! It is one of the things I'm going to miss about Napoleon, its my favourite thing to order at the local cafe. Soo easy, soo yummy!!!
Together Nick and I did the P90X Yoga video - and let me tell you did we feel the burn, did we fall over and did we give up a few times... but overall we did pretty good- and feel great now!
I didn't want to say goodbye to the Olympics - it has been such fun the last 2 weeks watching and being reminded of how great a country I come from!! Despite the smack talk from my friends here, and the bonding that I formed with my Canadian peers living here in the USA - all because of love - I was just not ready to say goodbye but what choice did I have...even though I paused the closing ceremonies while I cleaned up and Nick made a delicious Brinner - it still happened. I will excitedly renounce the title of best French Toast maker from Shawn Baert (a guy who lived in my families basemet as a teenager) and now bestow upon my husband! He has become an incredible french toast maker!!
Then as we sat down to eat the french toast and sausage, which I appreciate so much, we watched the finale... some people think it was a joke compared to the opening. It was funny I thought, I loved that Michael J. Fox was a Canadian Spokesperson, as well as the fact that Michael Buble sang the Maple Leaf Forever. I loved that they had blowup beavers and a moose! They were fantastic! They showed the funny image of Canada - not the spectacular country that the opening portrayed. The funny over exaggerated by raising only 3 pillars of the cauldron - and having a mime pull up the 4th allowing Katrina LeMae Donn light it finally!
So, before I forget,
I wanted to document:
- how much I love spending time with my Nick
- how proud I am of my beautiful country!
- the warm fuzzy feelings that red and white bring me
- the way I feel holding a baby
- the desire that burns within to help the Pollaks anyway I can
- how much just a touch from my husband can mean
- how important it is to spend time with the ones you love
- how much I'll miss my favourite meal from the cafe
I think that's all for tonight.... what do you not want to forget about your everyday life?




No comments:
Post a Comment