6 years ago today I went on my first date ever.
Happy 8 years to Mel and Kevin who went on her first date ever 8 years ago today.
Yep, we're crazy and started dating on the same day.
Nick and I went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. I had an RA Christmas Party event later that night at the Hunt Club, but went out to dinner anyways! I don't remember what I ordered for our meals but I remember where we sat. We were on the right side of the restaurant. I don't remember what we talked about. I do remember that Nick ordered a bloomin onion even though I told him I didn't like Onions. I ate some of the breading.
I remember what I wore... my khaki pants from Old Navy (that I don't have anymore - because they shrunk), and a black and off-white "slinky" polka dot dress that I folded in half and wore as a shirt.
On the way back home, when were were almost at the door of my dorm; right outside Anna's apartment and I may have ruined the moment by saying "So are we facebook official yet????" His reply was, "I was just gonna ask!"
You see, we had been "hanging out" for 2 months straight at this point, watching Friends, sitting together at Chapel, holding hands, eating together in the Cafeteria.... etc. so we were pracitcally dating already - we just needed to make it official.
In almost that same spot 2 and half months later, we had our first kiss. It was like 1am February 15th, not valentines day, but right after. We had gone to see the Piston's play in Detroit! I remember floating upstairs to bed that night!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment