Was my PiM girls group. (Partner's in Ministry)
I didn't have to make snack because one of the other girls was "inspired". I had told them all that I enjoyed providing snack, and each week was coming up with something creative! However if anyone ever felt inspired and wanted to make something I would gladly back down. Last semester, we all signed up for a week to bring snacks and almost every week it was cookies.
So back to last night, I was so sad when she walked in with cookies.
Did I mention she is 4 months pregnant??
| This is Sheila, she had like 5 bites of the cookie before she figured out what the "blue" meant! It was hilarious!! |
Bottom Left Corner is Sheila and Joseph. They are both attending Denver Seminary, he's in a pastoral program of some sorts I'm pretty sure and she's getting her masters in Counseling. She's almost finished and is looking for internships.
Middle is Justine and Justin. Nick has almost all the same classes as Justin, and Justine works as an at-home-nurse for elderly person. We hang out with them outside of the group.
Top Right Corner is Laura and Tim. Laura actually runs the group, and her husband just got a full time job so is dropping to part time student status, but is close to being done. She is an art teacher at a local middle school.
The other 2 women/couples sadly aren't participating in our group this semester.
Kelly & Josh aren't in this picture, because last year I didn't feel as close to her as I'm growing this year, but here is a (bad) picture of her from last night. She works for a church but is miserable there and counting down the days til maternity leave! Josh is applying for pastor jobs, as he is finished in May. He's already working at the church that she works at as an intern pastor. They are expecting their first child in 5 months!
This semester our group decided on a book called the "True Woman" but Susan Hunt. It is written with a strong Puritan influence which is interesting. The first couple chapters I struggled through, but the most recent ones I have loved. Each chapter starts out with a mini-story of real women experiences with Infertility, Widowhood, Rape, Financial Crisis, Emotional Struggles, Divorce etc. We usually read about 2 chapters on our own in preparation and then just go wherever the discussion leads us. Laura usually comes up with some pretty hard questions if we don't get there on our own. Questions like: "When have you felt redemption in your life/marriage?" or "When do you think something was intended (by the devil) to harm you, but God used for good?"
Then we read a chapter together paragraph by paragraph from Power of a Praying Wife. Then someone reads the prayer, and then we all pray for our husbands on whatever topic the chapter was on. Last night we prayed about fatherhood. Each week one of us takes home the book and chooses the chapter, so far we have done one on purpose & choices. This time it's my turn to choose! His Emotions, His Self-Image, His Relationships, His Attitude.... I think I'm leaning towards His Relationships.
Then we usually take a verse that hit home from the readings and write them out on index cards with fancy coloured sharpies to meditate on. We're working on a group of "Dwelling" more in Scripture. We decided to "dwell" is more beneficial to us than to "study" right now.
It's a good group, and wonderful to meet with and share with these women.





Sounds like you are surrounded by a great group of women! It is so important to pray and care for our husbands! What a great way to honor them and draw closer to God.
ReplyDelete