Tuesday, November 27, 2012

www.TheComfortsOfHome.com

16 Days from now I will go home for the first time in a year!!!

I miss HOME!

I don't even care if it looks like this!!!
and this backyard
and this street, and this front porch
and these people!
and this dining room
and this backyard
and this back porch
The last time I was home was Christmas last year. For a person who used to go home anywhere from biweekly to a least every other month, that is a LONG time. 

I do miss my family, but with Skype and Phone calls, I don't miss them as much as I do just being at home; sitting on the couch, pouring milk into a glass out of a bag, watching TV with my family, snuggled in under the fury blankets.

This will be a new experience for me because I'm going home to a new kitten! I can't wait to hold her in my hands!



There is another thing I can't wait to get in my hands and that is a Tim Horton cup and Timbits!!! and a Boston Cream, and a Honey Crueller and a Canadian Maple.   I also can't wait to eat one of these from Dairy Queen!!! ooh and maybe a Panzarotti from Andy's Pizza. I hope there are enough meals in the long weekend to eat all that food. I also hope my mom isn't offended that I don't want home cooked meals (I can make anything she can make {better)!!  Not really on the "better" part, just had to say it. 

Really I just miss Canada, and my house, and my friends, and my family, and my church, and my people.
   I haven't seen Steph in a year, or my Gospel Text people, or my church people. I've only seen 1 of my oodles of cousins, and even the people I have seen once since then, isn't enough.


You know who else I miss that I'm gonna see in 16 days????

these people +1

1 comment:

  1. I want all that snow! I love snow.. It's magical! I am so happy you get to go home this year :)

    ReplyDelete