Well this is my 500th blog post and I didn't want to just write anything, it was going to have to be about something important.
Tonight's topic: Ministry
I just got home from a forum called "Wisdom from the Trenches" in which the president of the seminary, his wife and another couple who have been in ministry for 50+ years shared and answered questions of over 100 students/wives. I realized what a gem God led us to in the seminary that focus's more on the partnership than just teaching the students. I have friends at other seminaries that wish they had a program like this one.
The deep heart issue I've been dealing with all stems from my failure to find a job where I think I should be working. The question I heard tonight is what if what I think is the plan for my life, and what I'm trying so hard to accomplish is not what God intends for my life.
What if the money my parents so graciously spent and are still making up for in my education never gets put to use? This breaks my heart. What if what the way I thought my gifts would be used in a career, God meant to be used another way?
What if what I'm meant to do is minister along side my husband and raise little baby Nick & Brittney's and fold so many baskets of laundry and do the dishes. Does that mean the menial job I'm doing now is serving it's purpose of getting Nick through school?
or should I still be pursuing a career and striving to make enough money to start putting some into saving's?
Should I jump into the same ministry Nick is, and try to make a difference in the lives of teens or is ministry at the same church enough?
The lyric to this song have been burned into my memory when as 10 year olds, my mom led a bunch of kids, Kings Kids you might say to learn the words and actions.
Now 16 years later, I'm realizing this is the answer to life's questions.
There's a call going out
Across the land in every nation
A call to those who swear allegiance to the cross of Christ
A call to true humility, to live our live responsibly
To deepen our devotion to the cross at any price
Let us then be sober, moving only in the Spirit
As aliens and strangers in a hostile foreign land
The message we're proclaiming is repentance and forgiveness
The offer of salvation to a dying race of man
Chorus:
To love the Lord our God
Is the heartbeat of our mission
The spring from which our service overflows
Across the street
Or around the world
The mission's still the same
Proclaim and live the Truth
In Jesus' name
As a candle is consumed by the passion of the flame
Spilling light unsparingly throughout a darkened room
Let us burn to know Him deeper
Then our service flaming bright
Will radiate his passions
And blaze with holy light
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




oooh! I have so many thoughts on this, many from the Beth Moore dvd I just watched on Saturday on Wisdom. Praying for you as you seek God's will and not men's (or your own) approval. Tough, I know.
ReplyDelete