I asked her how her Christmas was and she told me it wasn't the best.
Her live-in boyfriend, Jay's dad who has been sick in the past, got really bad right before Christmas and as of this morning he had a week to live. He's had 3 open heart surgeries, and has fibrosis of the lungs or something like that. Anyways Jay had been staying at his parents house, and getting back home to Anna around 4am each day. They had hospice in the home for him. That was the update at 7:45 am today (Dec. 26th).
I got an e-mail from Anna at 9:49am:
Hello there,
Well Jay’s dad just passed – I would come up and tell you
but I might burst out crying.
I might take a little longer at lunch – I am just going to
drop some food by for everyone at his house and then come back if you don’t
mind.
I told her to just go, but she said she wanted to give them time as a family, and that she didn't know what to do in these kind of situations. I told her "you just stand beside him and hold him up."
Well she planned to take a 2 hour lunch, but Jim, who is a Principle in this company (who was just diagnosed with cancer) just came and asked me if I had her number. I gave it to him, he called her and said "I wish you would not come back to work today". I love how gently he just told her not to come back to work. She wouldn't listen to me, but when one of the bosses calls you, you listen.
Pray for Anna and Jay as they mourn the loss of his dad, the day after Christmas.
Pray for Anna and Jay as they mourn the loss of his dad, the day after Christmas.




No comments:
Post a Comment