Monday, December 31, 2012

www.ComeWhatMay.com

2012.

This year brought a lot of new things! This was our 4th year together. This year brought:
  • a move across the country
  • going down to 1-0-1 income
  • lots of mountains to climb (literally)
  • new friends
  • new church
  • new ministry
  • new jobs
  • lots of company/vacations

2013.

Other friends of mine have posted what their plans are for a new year. I feel like I could just skip over 2013 and run for 2014.

Nick is in a 3 year program, 1 down 2 to go. If I could just skip to the last year, then I could be thinking about getting pregnant. Instead I really need to hold off on that plan.

So that leaves me with a whole 2 years to get ready for a baby.

Goals
1. Get a better Job - this will provide income to fund this babies life and get a bigger home with room for him/her.

2. Be a Helper - Help Prepare Nick to get a job when he graduates, I can do this through encouraging him to take advantage of opportunities that will gain more experience and lead to a better, more fulfilling job when he graduates.

3. Start collecting baby stuff on sale - maybe that's what I can use my new ottoman w/storage for!

4. Finish reading through the bible in a year! - I'm about a quarter of the way there!

5. I would really, really like to get together enough money to go on a vacation, a cruise or something with Nick!

6. Working out -
I would really like to loose like 10-15lbs, it's not so much the weight even, but more the fact that I want my flabby tummy to go back to the way it was, and I want to get into a habit so that when I do have a baby one day, I'll be motivated and practiced at working out so I can loose the baby weight. Nick and I keep talking about getting a gym membership, where I plan to swim laps 4x a week at least!

7. Loans - Right now I'm not making enough money to put a dent in the loans, and that is where #1 comes in. We are currently paying on 1 loan right now - the rest are deferred so I'd love to pay that one off - it's only like $1500 or less....so do-able!Then start saving to pay off the others when they are not deferred anymore!

I really really hope we can improve our situation financially this year - I think that is my biggest goal! So I guess I should stop working on writing my goals and start working on getting a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment