Monday, December 10, 2012

www.ChristmasPartyWeekend.com

I'm exhausted just looking through the pictures from this weekend.

Friday and Saturday, I served Coffee at the Coffee Bar at our church, which had been rented out by Colorado Christian University. It was neat, because all these people who had never been to our church before, were exploring and amazed by the size and coolness of our church! They loved the 3 story library with the spiral staircase! That's where I spent the time after the coffee was made, before it was time to clean up.

I headed home from the church with enough time to relax a bit, as well as get ready for the next party!! The next one was my work party. It was at the Coors Field at their Mountain Ranch Bar and Grille which over looked 1st base!

It was a 4 level restaurant, 1 row of seats per level. There were probably 150 people in attendance, and we sat with Chris and Elizabeth Johnson. They were really cool! She had actually worked in Youth Ministry and Chris was a college student (in his 7th year) on one of the Trips she was leading in LA. A year later they were married! We sat at a table that faced the field. The food was incredible! Nick had the sirloin steak and I had chicken! It melted in your mouth! There was a Karaoke contest which we did not participate in, but our table mates had practiced at home in the shower for the contest! They were cute, and got 2nd place. They weren't great though! The woman who won, was a shock! She was that woman that wears the tight read dress, gets a little tooo tipsy, is is really loud! Turns out she had an incredible voice and blew us all out of the water with the Black Velvet song.  There were also a bunch of door prizes of which neither of us won. Sad.

This is me with "Dinger" the Rockies Mascot!

The weather people were predicting a foot of snow starting at 6pm, so we were looking forward to the snow falling on the field and us being able to see it transform! Well during Chris and Elizabeth's rendition of Baby It's Cold Outside, the snow started falling. Though, we only got like half an inch, it was still beautiful and a neat experience most others won't have!!  Nick says I was the hottest one there!  (more pics to come)

After that party, we left a bit early and headed out to Spencer's Hipster Party.  We had to do a woredrobe change though and this is what we looked like! I feel pretty good about my hipster look!?  That party was fun, but we were full from our other party so we pretty much just socialized! I also got to meet Spencer's girlfriend for the first time!
Hipster Brittney
Chad, Nick, Spencer
I was falling asleep so we left there about 11:30ish, because I had to be at the church at 8am. We got a few more milometers of snow, enough cover the icy roads in a dusting of powder making the drive to church miserable! This Sunday was the day we'd been practicing for for a month: Kids Choir Sunday! We had 4 songs that the kids were doing and boy were they cute! 

This girl sand the last verse and was incredible! The audience broke out in cheers! Soon hopefully it will be posted on the website so I can share it!
These 2 duets girls are the pianist daughters! They sang the first verse of Go Tell It on the Mountain!
This little one was my favourite!
 After church we went to a Fireside Coffee Shop, and Nick studied with Chad for their Theology Final!! (pictured above) I read a book in a comfy chair and enjoyed a Chai Latte! Yum!   Then we went to the church early to help set up the Church Christmas Party and Nick had a Youth Leaders Meeting. I helped Sarah, make 4 or 6 pots of coffee (each holding like 60 cups of coffee), 2 pots of Egg Nog Latte's, 2 or 3 Apple Cider's, and 3 Hot Chocolates?! It was crazy! Then when the party was over I cleaned up all by myself....  Twas a lot of work, but it was fun! I got my exercise going up and down the stairs so many times with such heavy coffee containers!
I took 2 ten minute breaks to enjoy the party and this is what I did! The party had snacks, crafts, and a coffee house/talent show feel.

I traded my camera for a baby!
His mom had just as much fun playing with my camera as I did holding her child!
my head is behind his.
I needed to make more coffee so I handed off the baby!
Me carrying coffee down stairs as captured by Nick
Mariah and I - isn't she sooo cute? I love her!

Us in our Christmas sweaters....
oops Mariah didn't quite capture the sweaters part of the picture...
Those 2 had matching sweaters! Crazy right?!
 Thanks mom for letting us get one more use out of your sweaters! We were a hit! People laughed at us like crazy!

Mariah sang Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas which I encouraged her too, and I suggested she change the phrase " if the Fate's Allow" to "if the Lord Allows!" She totally did it!!! I watched the video of her performance that her mom posted on Facebook!  I heard just the end of her song, which broke my heart, and then stood beside her for the next song which was incredible! I walked up to her afterwards and said "I missed it." Her reply broke my heart: "I know." I was busy doing coffee stuff, when I was walking down the stairs with another pot of coffee and heard it was her singing, I stood in the doorway and listened holding my pot of coffee.  It broke my heart that she noticed I wasn't there.  (P.S. The picture up there of us, was taken after so she must have forgiven me!) 

She is too cute. Apparently she asked her mom the other day if I was going to move back to Canada, because she didn't want me to. Then she told me the same thing last night on Facebook, after an "I LOVE YOU, don't ever leave me" message. Too adorable!  The other performance I saw was The Little Drummer Boy performed by the Verbal Family! The dad used to play this version with his dad, and felt as though he grew out of it, but now 20 years later he's playing it with his sons! The mom played guitar and sang, one son played keyboard and the other played drums beside his dad. They switched at one point without missing a beat! They were crazy and they were soft and sweet, the drum part of the song was sooo cool! There was also like a 5 minute drum solo by dad! Totally cool!

What an exhausting weekend! I'm yawning right now as I typed that. Lol! I have 2 more mornings and then the next one I'll be on my way home!! I had far too much Expresso last night via egg nog latte, and am getting so excited that it was hard to fall asleep last night.


Friday was Nick's mom's birthday! We sent her these Birthday Hugs!!!!  We each wrote a message on our hug! Even Lily got in on the hugs! She stretched out her paw like she does when she just want's to touch you!

No comments:

Post a Comment