![]() |
| I took a lot of pics of M so here are a few of my favourite! |
![]() |
| She squeezed herself in behind Carrie on this chair! |
![]() |
| in her mama's arms |
![]() | |
| Soo comfortable and out cold in mama's arms! |
As I sit in row 30, with 3 seats to myself, I look out the
window over the wing at the beautiful sunrise sky; pink and blue ribbon clouds
with a touch of fired orange attaching the ground to the horizon. The orange
soon overtook the cotton candy pink, becoming HOT pink, almost florescent. I
wish I had my camera out to take a picture, but decide that God meant for only
me to enjoy the beauty this morning. As the plane started its charge down the
Christmasy looking lit runway, the tears formed in my eyes that soon overflowed
into a joyful sob. I was going home.
I’m looking forward to the stewardess arriving shortly with the beverage cart, and in 2 hours and 10 minutes I’ll be landing in Detroit! I have quite an epic day planned; my mama is greeting me with Tim Horton’s which hasn’t graced the lining of my throat in almost a year. Then we’re meeting Jennie for lunch at Bob Evan’s; another treat not offered in Colorado. We’ll separate there, mom to the shopping malls, and Jennie and I together are going to Spring Arbor to pick up Hailey from school. I’m also hoping to stop in at my alma mater that I love so much and see some of their new changes and meet up with my good friend, Anna! I texted her yesterday asking if she’d be around, and she is so excited I’m going to be around to see her! I just looked out the window and it looks like we’re flying over sand dunes?
I’m looking forward to the stewardess arriving shortly with the beverage cart, and in 2 hours and 10 minutes I’ll be landing in Detroit! I have quite an epic day planned; my mama is greeting me with Tim Horton’s which hasn’t graced the lining of my throat in almost a year. Then we’re meeting Jennie for lunch at Bob Evan’s; another treat not offered in Colorado. We’ll separate there, mom to the shopping malls, and Jennie and I together are going to Spring Arbor to pick up Hailey from school. I’m also hoping to stop in at my alma mater that I love so much and see some of their new changes and meet up with my good friend, Anna! I texted her yesterday asking if she’d be around, and she is so excited I’m going to be around to see her! I just looked out the window and it looks like we’re flying over sand dunes?
After we pick up Hailey, whom I can only hope is going to
run into my arms with glee because we haven’t told her I’m coming, we’ll head
home to see all of her brothers and sister that I love so dearly and miss so
much!!! I can hardly imagine what a year has done to them since I last saw
them. Oh how I hope they remember me! Mom will reunite with us bringing another
mid-western specialty; Jet’s pizza!!
Sprite and Pretzels have just graced my presence! As hard of a time that I have leaving Nich
& Jennie’s, I hope to leave around 10pm, making it home around 1am? My dad
thinks that he’s not going to see me until Friday when he gets off work, but I
have every intention of crawling into bed next to him. Oh wow – now the there is
a gorgeous frozen lacy river below me. It goes on as far as the eye can see. Colorado
has the weirdest round fields; I just looked down and saw a pack-man looking
field. I wonder why they harvest in circles. One of them looks like a
bull’s-eye filled with 7 rings.
My right foot has fallen asleep. The sun is now high enough in the sky that it’s reflecting off the wing and now I’m seeing a green spot! The napkin is adorable. It’s white, with a polar bear nose, mouth and eyes on it, and small Coca-Cola sign in the bottom right corner. I’m regretting the pretzels and wishing I’d gone for the peanuts. Maybe they’ll come around again and offer a 2nd time! You can buy internet access on this plan, but I’m too cheap however they do have e-bay available to everyone! I’m trying to check into a gift I ordered for Michael, that was supposed to come in at the very latest 2 days ago. It’s not working so I think I’ll go back to reading now!
I read for a bit, but then felt tired, so I moved over to the middle seat, buckled up loosely, and took a nap. I slept comfortable for an hour or so until I felt the plan start it’s decent.. We still have an hour to go until we’re supposed to be on the ground, but I feel like the plan is slowing down and getting lower to the ground. There is snow on the ground in whatever state we are flying above right now and my ears are popping so we are definitely changing altitudes. It’s only been a few minutes since I woke up but the snow is gone and the ground now looks like army camo. I know sometimes flights are shorter than they are supposed to be, and sometimes it takes about 20-30 minutes to actually descend and be on the grounds so I wonder if we’re really almost there? Or we’re just going up and down a lot. I can’t tell. The back end just went down a bit, the seat belt sign just came on! They just announced we are descended down to the airport! yeah!!!! It’s 33 degrees! We’ll be 20 mins early!
It’s 4 days later and I’m sitting in the airport again. Do I pick up where I left off? I guess so. So let’s pretend it’s Thursday again and I’ll get to relive every moment.
My right foot has fallen asleep. The sun is now high enough in the sky that it’s reflecting off the wing and now I’m seeing a green spot! The napkin is adorable. It’s white, with a polar bear nose, mouth and eyes on it, and small Coca-Cola sign in the bottom right corner. I’m regretting the pretzels and wishing I’d gone for the peanuts. Maybe they’ll come around again and offer a 2nd time! You can buy internet access on this plan, but I’m too cheap however they do have e-bay available to everyone! I’m trying to check into a gift I ordered for Michael, that was supposed to come in at the very latest 2 days ago. It’s not working so I think I’ll go back to reading now!
I read for a bit, but then felt tired, so I moved over to the middle seat, buckled up loosely, and took a nap. I slept comfortable for an hour or so until I felt the plan start it’s decent.. We still have an hour to go until we’re supposed to be on the ground, but I feel like the plan is slowing down and getting lower to the ground. There is snow on the ground in whatever state we are flying above right now and my ears are popping so we are definitely changing altitudes. It’s only been a few minutes since I woke up but the snow is gone and the ground now looks like army camo. I know sometimes flights are shorter than they are supposed to be, and sometimes it takes about 20-30 minutes to actually descend and be on the grounds so I wonder if we’re really almost there? Or we’re just going up and down a lot. I can’t tell. The back end just went down a bit, the seat belt sign just came on! They just announced we are descended down to the airport! yeah!!!! It’s 33 degrees! We’ll be 20 mins early!
It’s 4 days later and I’m sitting in the airport again. Do I pick up where I left off? I guess so. So let’s pretend it’s Thursday again and I’ll get to relive every moment.
As the plane descended, the waterworks began again; I was
almost in my mama’s arms. The plane was on the ground 26 minutes early, and
when I got to baggage claim my mom was standing there with an Extra Large
French Vanilla Cappuccino from Tim Hortons and my suitcase! She had tears in
her eyes, and I told her I had been crying the whole flight which of course
sent us both into a fit of bawling in each others arms there at baggage claim. She parked in the wrong garage, so we had to
take a shuttle which we were ok with because we got to visit a bit without her
having to focus on driving. We drove all the way to Jackson, stopping in at
Target to pick up a gift for the Pollak family. We met Jennie at Bob Evans (Not
in Colorado) for lunch. I got the chicken noodle deep dish, one of my favourite
Bob Evan’s dishes. I didn’t get their amazing cappuccino because I was full of
Tim Hortons. Mom also had a Boston Cream doughnut for me too, which I ate in the
car on the way to Jackson. It was wonderful catching up with Jennie, hearing
about her master’s and updates on the kiddo’s. Dad had sent Ginger Cookies for Jennie and for
Anna, which they loved!!
Jennie and I took off towards Spring Arbor, while my mom
went shopping. We were a bit early to pick up Hailey from school, and I wanted
to stop in to Spring Arbor to see Anna and to check out the new Student Center.
We found Anna’s green office easily, and chatted for about 20 minutes. She
looked great and is very happy! We had about 5 minutes left, and headed over to
the new student center which is SOOO cool! There were no parking spots, so I
just got out of Jennie’s new minivan, and ran through top to bottom, getting
slightly lost because although the front of the building resembles the old,
nothing else is the same! It is oh so cool! I wish there were more pictures
online. I ran out the doors across from Lowell and back to Jennie- to go get
Hailey.
We arrived at the school, and waited forever as child after
child turned the corner, none of which were Hailey. She finally turned the corn
and with 2 steps I was squeezing my favourite 6 year old! Hailey serenaded us
the whole way home with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer as only a 6 y dear old
can sing it. Brooke, Brennan, and Landon were at home waiting for us. Neither
of them ran to me like they used to, but I didn’t expect them to; they were 2
when I left, but they did remember me and it didn’t take them more than 3
minutes to be crawling all over me like they use to. It is a bit different now,
as spinning a 2 and a 5 year old is different than a 3 and a 6 year old on each
hip. I didn’t care, because I was only lucky enough to spend a few hours with
them. Mom arrived with Jet’s Pizza (another Mid-west treat) for all of us to
share, we played the 9 pin bowling game I brought as a gift for them. I got to
put Hailey to sleep, the grown ups enjoyed a lively conversations, centered
around social work/politics Mom and Nich loved that they could talk to another
social work in politics with another person who understands.
We left Albion an hour after I planned, which is what
usually happens there – arriving home at 1:30am. When we were on the bridge I
yelled out “Hello CANADA I’m BA-ACK!!!” Then mom asked if we could stop at Tim
Horton’s which of course I said “I’d love to step on Holy Ground”. While in
Timmies, I whispered: “Hi Tim Horton’s I’m here… did you miss me!?” Mom just
laughed and bought me another drink. This time I got a hot chocolate with a
shot of Butter Carmel, since I didn’t need caffeine that late at night.
Dad thought that mom and I were sleeping at a hotel in Jackson; mom even had to pack an overnight bag to trick him. When I snook up the stairs, I could hear him snoring. I crawled in bed and snuggled right up against him. He awoke in a daze, staring at me for 10-15 seconds before realizing who I was! He was sooo shocked! I just couldn’t bare the thought of him having to wait an extra whole day to see me, especially since he had to work Friday til 5 anyways. I fell in bed around 2am, literally sleeping in the clothes I wore all day.
![]() |
| Mariah posted a picture on facebook with a Starbucks coffee that said "Who Needs a Boyfriend, when you have this" So I posted this picture that said "Who needs Starbucks when you have Tim Hortons!" |
Dad thought that mom and I were sleeping at a hotel in Jackson; mom even had to pack an overnight bag to trick him. When I snook up the stairs, I could hear him snoring. I crawled in bed and snuggled right up against him. He awoke in a daze, staring at me for 10-15 seconds before realizing who I was! He was sooo shocked! I just couldn’t bare the thought of him having to wait an extra whole day to see me, especially since he had to work Friday til 5 anyways. I fell in bed around 2am, literally sleeping in the clothes I wore all day.
![]() |
| I bought mama this snowflake ornament for her snowflake tree! |
Friday, I slept in a bit, until 10:30 I think, I wanted to
get up at 9:30 but Thursday was a long day, and I needed the sleep. The morning
was leisurely, I gave my mom her “dishtowel” when Dad was home for lunch, she
loved it and had tears in her eyes.
After dad went back to work, mom and I picked up flowers and went to
Earl and Ruth’s to visit! She’s got a few kinds of cancer, but doing better
than I expected! Upon arriving there, we learned of the newest gruesome
shooting. It was a lovely almost 2 hour visit, and then we headed over to
Gospel Text. All my of the employee’s were working, so I didn’t have to plan on
coming back another day!
![]() | |
| This is M's favourite place to sleep! |
After Gospel Text, we went to the grocery store to get
groceries, and specifically get stuff to make Broccoli soup! I wanted to make
some for Steph because it’s her favourite! Mom tried to pull off a surprise,
but I figured out half of it. I had asked mom and Carrie on more than one occasion
when it would work out best for us to get together, both avoided answering me
so I knew something was up! Carrie was spending the night, however when she
pulled in the driveway I still didn’t realize it was her right away. I was surprised however when there were more
places set at the table, than there were people! Bessie, Steph, Carrie, (Mom and Dad {Michael
was at work}) plus 2 more empty seats. Jaspreet and Amy were on their way too!
Us girls ended up hanging out until 1am! Crazy! Like old times…..! Oh and Mandy was supposed to be there, but she
decided to have a baby instead.
Saturday, I could hardly believe my trip was already half
over by this point, but Carrie and I got up, the girls were going to hang out
together but I had a hair appointment scheduled so I met up with them for lunch
afterwards; well they picked me up. While I was getting my hair cut,
and sipping my 3rd Tim Horton’s beverage, dad was making ginger cookies & ginger cookie ice cream at my request! I love him! Mom also took me out to the new Michael's store, to see where my brother works and to buy more yarn. Jaspreet drove all 4 of us to Glitters where we split 2 appetizers and Jaspreet and I shared a turkey and cheese wrap! Yum! They all chipped in to pay for my meal – how sweet are they!? Japreet also gave me a bunch of clothes as a gift to make up for my birthday which I wasn’t around to enjoy! Also how sweet right?!
After lunch, I’m pretty sure I just hung out at home with my family, including Carrie! My parents left early to go to Cantata Practice and then Carrie dropped me off at church at 6 so I could mingle a bit before the Cantata at 6:30! Linda and Marjorie Morning Star came like they almost always do! The Cantata was great, very funny as well as powerful.
After the Cantata, which I talked my brother into going to, even though he was planning on going the next night; he drove me home, stopping at DQ on the way home to get dinner. Poutine! Yum!!! I got a Large but it was Huge!!!
We spend Saturday evening together as a family, and opened all our Christmas Presents. I of course like always was spoiled, and with my suitcases full of even more gifts to take back to Colorado as well. I opened another set up China, as well as a box with 2 of the soup bowls which come with some sets, but not all so I n0w have 8 full sets!! I also got 2 scarves; 1 infinity scarf knitted by my mama in a mustard yellow, and 1 silk Ohio State one. I also got a Canadian Cowgirl t-shirt.
and sipping my 3rd Tim Horton’s beverage, dad was making ginger cookies & ginger cookie ice cream at my request! I love him! Mom also took me out to the new Michael's store, to see where my brother works and to buy more yarn. Jaspreet drove all 4 of us to Glitters where we split 2 appetizers and Jaspreet and I shared a turkey and cheese wrap! Yum! They all chipped in to pay for my meal – how sweet are they!? Japreet also gave me a bunch of clothes as a gift to make up for my birthday which I wasn’t around to enjoy! Also how sweet right?!
After lunch, I’m pretty sure I just hung out at home with my family, including Carrie! My parents left early to go to Cantata Practice and then Carrie dropped me off at church at 6 so I could mingle a bit before the Cantata at 6:30! Linda and Marjorie Morning Star came like they almost always do! The Cantata was great, very funny as well as powerful.
![]() |
| My goofy Dad! He was taking a nap on the Prop Stretcher and got caught!! |
After the Cantata, which I talked my brother into going to, even though he was planning on going the next night; he drove me home, stopping at DQ on the way home to get dinner. Poutine! Yum!!! I got a Large but it was Huge!!!
We spend Saturday evening together as a family, and opened all our Christmas Presents. I of course like always was spoiled, and with my suitcases full of even more gifts to take back to Colorado as well. I opened another set up China, as well as a box with 2 of the soup bowls which come with some sets, but not all so I n0w have 8 full sets!! I also got 2 scarves; 1 infinity scarf knitted by my mama in a mustard yellow, and 1 silk Ohio State one. I also got a Canadian Cowgirl t-shirt.
Sunday morning, I went to church stopping at Tim Hortons
first of course with Dad at 9am for the 10:45 service! I got a lot of time to
visit with all my favouite people! I spent a good amount of time with the
un-official coffee club that meets in the library! The best part of my church
story starts with a prequel, last Sunday. At West Bowles last week, I was
helping with the kids choir, and while we were transporting the kids from the
front to the back, one of the little boys flew out of line screaming and
running to “GRANDPA”. His mom looked at me and apologized for her son, which I
excused saying “I would do the same thing”…. Now a week later; picture me
running across the church auditorium screaming “GRANDPA!” I sat beside him 2/3rd’s
of the way back even though I’d told Bessie I’d sit by her in the back
row. I held his skinny little hand the
entire service, attempting to hold in my tears which worked until my mom’s
searching eyes finally found me sitting next to him then we both lost it.
After the service, we headed home to enjoy Foster Christmas.
Almost all my cousins were there plus 2 new ones since I was last home. I held
one baby for probably an hour that afternoon, foregoing eating pizza until my
arms could no longer hold the 2 month old baby Mason Knight.
We went to the Cantata again Sunday night,
and I saw with Mikyla, Kathy & Eldon. After the Cantata, we just hung out
at home, snuggling on the couch with my mom and dad which is what I miss the
most about living so far away.
After they went to bed, I enjoyed the Jacuzzi,
and then packed up all my stuff. It took me at least 45 minutes to maneuver all
my stuff to fit in my allotted 2 suitcases +1 personal item.
![]() |
| Dominick Knight (Markies) |
![]() |
| Dominick and M |
![]() |
| Britt and Mason Knight (Terry's) |
![]() |
| Mom and Dad! |
![]() |
| Michael SMILING!! |
This morning we laid back, went to Bulkbarn to get the
“goods” enjoyed another leisurely couch
session for Dad’s lunch hour. Mom drove
me to the airport, stopping at Tim Horton’s for a ham and cheese Panini and my
last Cappuccino. After dropping me off
at the airport, she was at the bridge when she realized I’d grabbed her
passport instead of mine. Luckily she was able to turn around and get back
through the borders without too much trouble and I hadn’t gotten through
security yet, so I met her at the curb where she’d dropped me off 40+ minutes
before. Crazy!































No comments:
Post a Comment