Wednesday, December 12, 2012

www.HardlyContainTheExcitement.com

As I was laying in bed last night, I heard sounds that I don't usually notice; probably because I am already asleep when I crawl in/get carried to bed. The sounds, to me sounded like someone was moving around on another floor. The familiar sounds reminded me of the sounds of my home, the house I grew up in.

Then the heat kicked on and it made me think of another sound/moment from my childhood. My brother and I used to run to the heat register when the heat kicked on. We used to sit with our backs up against the piano, and our legs stretched out, sharing a side of the vent. In recent past, I've tried to sit there, and don't know how 2 of us ever fit there, because as it is, I have to fold into thirds to fit in the tiny space.

All of these sounds are striking me harder than usual, and my Canadian "eh?" is appearing more in my vocabulary because in less than 24 hours I'll be landing at the Detroit airport, on my way home for the first time in almost a YEAR! Crazy!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you will be home for Christmas! I nominated you for the Liebster award!! Check my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete