Monday, February 3, 2014

www.gettingcrafty.com

Excuse the PJ's but this weekend I made these as gifts. Each one cost me no more than $5 to make because I bought the material in the "remnant" section of the fabric store. I love that I was able to pick out material that specifically matches the recipients style! It's a scarf that turns into a breast-feeding cover.



Ok, I may have made this one for my future self:

This one isn't a breastfeeding scarf, just a scarf but also for a gift:

I also finished making these centerpieces for the Winter Brunch this coming Saturday.  I found the best way to remove the sticky paper residue left on jars is a recipe my dad sent me that he found on Pinterest. Olive Oil, Salt and Baking Soda. Wait about 3 minutes and then wipe it off!






This photo is my inspiration:
We have some books I guess, so we may not use the doily's.  I'm also picking up baby's breath on Friday for the event.  Here is the flyer for the event so you can see where the white and blue come into play. I'll have more pictures for you on next week for sure!

This past Saturday was also a good friend of mine's wife's funeral. Earl and I go out to Dairy Queen for our shared birthday every year, and have for about 20 years. His wife fought the cancer a good long time and is now with Jesus, however I hurt for him and the next years of his life because he's such a young 73 year old!! Anyhoo these are the flowers I had my cousin create for him. See the DQ Spoons in the bouquet??
Can you also see the pink and yellow rose in the top/middle of the picture below? My mom said the bouquet was as beautiful if not more beautiful than the other ones there. My cousin has gone to school to be a florist but can't seem to get a job doing it. I have had her make me several bouquet's since then and she always does a fantastic job! There were people who even asked where she works because they thought she did such a good job!

She did my wedding bouquet as well as some others but here's a peak at that so you can see how talented she is:



Also this weekend was the superbowl and since I live in Denver, we're just not acknowledging that there was a game yesterday, so we went to Joe and Rochelle's and hung out with their baby for the day. We played Lords of Waterdeep, ate food, and hung out! It was a "mostly" fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment