Tuesday, February 18, 2014

www.TaleOfTheLostScarf.com

Inline image 1
Thursday night at I was packing to fly to Canada and you know, it's cold there so I told myself - don't forget your coat (since it was in the 60s here). I decided to ward off the bitter cold, I should also make sure I had gloves and a scarf. I have plenty of gorgeous scarves to choose from, but decided to go with the Canada Olympic scarf since you know, the Olympics are on right now!!! Go TEAM CANADA!!!!! So I shoved my scarf in the sleeve of my coat, folded it up and carried it to the airport like any normal person in 60 degree weather would do who didn't pay to check a bag.
Flash forward to halfway though the flight when I move up to the empty row in front of me hoping to wad up my coat and take a nap. I start fishing around in my sleeves for the scarf and find it's missing! I was devastated! I had the guy I was sitting beside a row back look for it, no luck.  So when the plane landed and a friend was texting me, I asked her to look up the phone number for DIA's lost and found since she had internet access and I didn't.
I left a message describing my scarf, explaining I had no idea where I lost it, but that I was in Terminal A at gate D44 for most of my time. I forgot to leave them my phone number so I had to call back.  Then Saturday afternoon I got a message on my phone saying that they had my scarf!!!! YEAH!!! However their office closes an hour before I get back on Sunday.
So Monday, I call them and they say I can come pick it up, I can mail it to myself which will cost a fortune, or I asked if since my company had an office out at DIA if they could inner-office mail it to there. They said that I could authorize someone to pick it up. So I e-mailed Travis who used to work in this office so I knew him pretty well but didn't hear back from him yesterday. This morning I was at work for about 20 minutes when I get a call from him, saying there are a thousand scarves here and how was he to know which one was mine - but he was just joking. He was there though and since I hadn't gotten a chance to call them and inform them he would be there, they needed to talk to me! Travis never even identified himself to me, but I knew his voice so when the woman came on the phone I said yes Travis could pick up my scarf!!
And he just happens to be coming to our office this afternoon so I didn't have to pay to have it shipped or drive there myself and go through security to get to the 5th floor by the international wing (which I have no clue where that is!) and I'm getting it back today, not 7-10 days later in the mail!

How great of a story is that - it could have been a really sad one if someone stole my scarf or something instead! Luckily there probably weren't too many Canadians in the Denver Airport!!

No comments:

Post a Comment