Friday, February 7, 2014

www.IcouldSingOfYourLoveForever.com




This is a devotion I put together for Choir. I pulled snippets of approximately 40 old and new songs, and put them in the order of ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication which is what this Sunday's message and whole service is about.

I Could Sing of Your Love Forever
Psalm 105:2
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.

Hello, my name is child of the One True King.
I’m so glad I’m a part of the family of God.

Oh Lord, you’re beautiful,
I could write a love song
Tell You what I think You wanna hear
But it wouldn't be good enough

Your face is all I seek, For when your eyes are on this child, Your grace abounds to me.

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide till evening?
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light Yet,
 conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom


There's thunder in His footsteps
And lightning in His fists
Our God is an awesome God
And the Lord wasn't joking when He kicked 'em out of Eden
It wasn't for no reason that He shed His blood
(His return is very close so you better be believing that our God is an Awesome God)
From the creation to the cross, Then from the cross into eternity, Your grace finds me!

You lived a life I could never live
You died the death, oh, that I deserve
You rose to life and now You live
(That's how You forgive)

You’re Gracious, Slow to anger, Abounding in love
Good to all, All who call upon You, You will rescue and forgive

My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be

He came to live, live a perfect life He came to be the loving word our light.  He came to die so we'd be reconciled; He came to rise to show His pow'r and might.
That's why we praise Him, that's why we sing that's why we offer Him our everything that's why we bow down and worship this King.

My God's not dead, He's surely alive; He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion.
Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.


Higher than the mountains that I face, stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change; One thing… Remains Your love never fails, it never gives up, it Never runs out on me.

From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea, Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring, Every creature unique in the song that it sings. All exclaiming, Indescribable, uncontainable.  You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name. You are amazing God

My name is graven on His hands, my name is written on His heart;
I know that while in heaven He stands; No tongue can bid me thence depart

I am not skilled to understand what God has willed, what God has planned,
I only know at His right hand stands one who is my Savior. I take him at his word and deed, Christ died to save me this I read and in my heart I find the need, of him to be my Saviour.

Forgive me, In Your mercy, I'm unworthy of Your love
I'm running back to all I have in You, My gracious King
When Satan tempts me to despair, and tells me of the guilt within, upward I look, and see Him there Who made an end to all my sin! 
Died he for me?  who caused his pain! For me?  Emptied Himself of all but love, and bled for Adam’s helpless race: Amazing love! How can it be that you, my God, should die for me?

(Amazing love! how can it be
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?)

It was my sin that held Him there, until it was accomplished. His dying breath has brought me life, I know that it is finished!
I will not boast in anything No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection

That he would leave his place on high, and come for sinful man to die, you called it strange so once did I, before I knew my Saviour.

I'm forgiven because You were forsaken, I'm accepted, You were condemned
And I'm alive and well, Your spirit is within me because You died and rose again.

Tell of the cross where they nailed Him, writhing in anguish and pain; Tell of the grave where they laid Him, tell how He liveth again. Love in that story so tender, Clearer than ever I see; Stay, let me weep while you whisper, “Love paid the ransom for me.”

Make Me a Servant Humble and Meek, Lord help me lift up those who are weak. For when Your eyes are on this child, Your grace abounds to me.
So take me as you find me
All of my fears and failures
And fill my life again
I give my life to follow

I need thee every hour, O, I need thee every hour.
All I can do is thank You for this life I never deserved
Wanna thank You for the grace, I know I don't have to earn
You love me, Your mercy is proof

When we've been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun, we've no less days to sing God's praise than when we first begun.

I will sing the wondrous story of the Christ who died for me, How He left His home in glory for the cross of Calvary. This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the daylong;

Bless the Lord All my Soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name. He has done great things.

Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful
May the fire of our devotion light their way
May the footprints that we leave
Lead them to believe.

No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me; From life's first cry to final breath. Jesus commands my destiny. No power of hell, no scheme of man, Can ever pluck me from His hand; Till He returns or calls me home, Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world has a wondrous attraction for me;
for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above to bear it to dark Calvary.

Precious Lamb of Glory, Love most wondrous story.
Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia!

I know my redeemer lives, Let all creation testify....

Give thanks to the Lord for His love never ends

And all the people said Amen


Prayer:
I didn't come here to ask You for anything, I just came to talk with you Lord, You've answered a million prayers, That I forgot to thank You for, I just came to talk with You Lord

How many times Lord have troubles brought me down to my knees
Oh but this time I just came to talk with you Lord, You see I really have no selfish motive in mind
I just came to thank you Lord for all the other times

Maybe tomorrow there'll be trouble and sorrow and a thousand teardrops may fall
But until I face tomorrows task, I have no special favour to ask, I just came to talk with you Lord



*** Compiled by Brittney Everett and a little bit by my mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment