Friday, October 24, 2008

www.aDayOff.com

The morning began with an early drive into Spring Arbor for the earliest practice I've ever had for String Ensemble. The Inauguration of the new President of SAU began at 10:20 proceeding with the Tannhauser Processional played by us!!! Any country that SAU has connections with had someone connected to that country carry a flag - so I think to myself, self: I wonder who is carrying the Canadian Flag - I look over see some red and white and see my brother standing there proud in his suit!! I cried!!!

Then I had lunch with that boy I love, then went back to Albion where I was was filled with the desire to clean my room and do my laundry. That done, I decided to scrapbook a bit some of the new engagement photo's and was inspired to make dinner!!!

Then Nick came over after playing a cold, wet, muddy game of Frisbee. Nich & Jennie had just changed Hailey's bed into a "Big Girl bed", to encourage the "big girl" theme with the potty training!! Hailey got to play in her new bed, as well as dance in the living room with "Hailey's Nick" - whom I affectionately call "My Nick". She flirted with him all night - she's threatening to steal my man, as well as steal the show at my wedding cuz she's sooo darn cute!!!
After she went to bed we ate my amazing dinner (Beef & Noodles - thanks to Nick's mom!!!) while watching "What Happens in Vegas" - the new Cameron Diaz/Ashton Kutcher movie. It was pretty funny!! Then as the boys played video games, I dished out brownies and brownie ice cream. Following that I got some of the "Nick & Britt time" I've been craving!!!!


News Article about the Inauguration: (to cheat: look for the bold)

More than 700 staff, students and community members filled the pews at Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church on Friday to celebrate the inauguration of new Spring Arbor University President Charles Webb.
Webb, 61, is the 29th president at the private Christian university and assumed the position in June.
``These are exciting and invigorating days that are ahead of us,'' Webb said. ``I hope (the community) will see we are committed to being a leading Christian university.''
The theme of Webb's inauguration Friday was ``Globalization through the eyes of faith.''
``We will be a community reflective of the diversity within God's kingdom,'' Webb said. ``We will exude love, care, integrity and respect.''
He hopes to infuse a more global perspective into the school and curriculum.
Webb said the community and the world needs a university that graduates men and women who serve others, especially the less fortunate.
``We are committed to have students think critically... and serve humanity humbly,'' Webb said. ``This is what distinguishes us. ... this is God's standard.''
The crowd gave Webb a standing ovation.
Elise Arvidson, a sophomore at SAU, said Webb and his wife are always at school events, getting to know the students.
``He's friendly and he cares about people,'' said Arvidson, 20. ``He's committed to the people he's leading.''
Albion resident Brittney Austin, who graduated from SAU in May, said she is excited about Webb's vision for the school.
``It makes me happy that the school is moving forward,'' she said.

Webb started at Spring Arbor in his early 20s as assistant dean of students. Recently, he was vice president for university development at Michigan State University.
He and his wife, Phillippa, are both graduates of Spring Arbor, which has about 4,000 students.
``We are really honored to serve this university and to be an integral part of this community,'' Webb said.
Webb took over this summer for Gerald Bates, who served a one-year interim appointment after Gayle Beebe left to be president of Westmont College in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment