Monday, February 23, 2009

www.MyBackHurts.com

WOWzers has this week/end been unique! I worked until 9pm on Thursday and then headed to Spring Arbor where 2 of my good friends from Canada were visiting. (all the bloggers actually) We stayed up talking like girls until 3+ am. (random tangent: does AM stand for "After Midnight"?) The following morning after waking up from my first night sleeping on a floor I drove back to Albion where I quickly showered and packed for Ohio before heading back to work. Nick met me in the parking lot at 9pm and we drove to Ohio that night. It was a long drive, but a wonderful time spent with my Nick! Car rides together are awesome because its JUST the 2 of us!! Love it!! That night I slept on my... I mean his queen sized bed in his room at home! There I got to see my lovely floor length Christmas present!! I missed it...... soon I will have it in our apartment.


Saturday morning began with Nick getting the title on his car put in his name, and then the 2 of us heading out to Pastor Mark's house for some discussion on the topic of marriage with his wife Deb, whom I love. We have so much in common with their story. She is also from Canada (about an hour from where I'm from) and they met at Spring Arbor! It was lots of fun and I can't wait to take the quiz he was talking about!



The short 45 min visit turned into much longer so we rushed home to go with his parents to drive out with a truck full of stuff to his brothers NEW house!! He just bought it and it's beautiful. The carpets are in rough shape but the rest of the house is beautiful. There is a gorgeous fireplace, the kitchen is painted green (which he's probably going to change). The basement is cool. The house is 3 levels, and a 3 bedroom with 2 living rooms, 2 or 3 bathrooms.... His friend Krista and I put away what few kitchen items they had while they were moving bigger items into the house. Very cool!! Very exciting!! He's been waiting for it for several months!


We returned to the Everett household where moments after we entered the front door, BBQ chicken pizza followed us in! Then we headed over to Ross & Clare's for some socializing and TV/YouTube watching/Snuggling on the couch. Joe & Rochelle came over after a while too! It was great relaxing times.... then since the weather wasn't very nice and it was about a 20+min drive home, late at night, we decided to sleep over.... so I spent my 2nd night out of 3 so far sleeping on the floor.


Sunday brought a relaxing afternoon of looking through songs with MomE, taking a shower, while Nick worked on some homework---- so proud of him – getting his BA just like me! LOL.... Its hard getting used to me not doing homework but knowing that he HAS to do it still!

We enjoyed my favourite homemade Everett meal: Beef and Noodles! We took a few pictures in their gorgeous snowy back yard and then took off in the direction of the Cleveland Caveliers where were watched them toast the Pistons from the center court (except we were up a "few" steps). This was Nicks Christmas present from me! It was a good game and a fun reminder for me – that these people we watch on TV are real people.... I think that's one of the coolest things about seeing a game live! Delonte made his return which was fun to watch and heplayed well!!! The Pistons did not! They did the same plays, (if it didn't work the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time, why do you keep trying?) and didn't get half their shots in the hoop!!

We got back here to Michigan last night at 3:30 am and I was too tired to drive back to Albion so I crashed in Spring Arbor at Melissa's house! I had to work this morning at 9 and am heading to Detroit area today for my Immigration Medical Exam!! YEAH!!! Hopefully there is nothing wrong with me – so I can be let into the country for real!


That reminds me of listening the American National anthem last night at the game....I realized that I really am becoming a permanent resident of the USA... in my head I still think I'm Canadian.....I Will always be Canadian but I'm almost practically a USA'n...weird – I had some tears last night.

2 comments: