Monday, May 10, 2010

www.EatingHealthy&WorkingOut.com

Nick and I are trying to eat healthier..... which is hard to do, especially if you are as picky as the 2 of us are, and have a hard time coming up with any old 3 meals a day everyday! Ooh it also makes it hard when you have little money, and healthy food is expensive! I also am lazy - so easy meals would be great too.... what kind of world do I think I live in?

I've looked into it a lot tonight and this is what I've come up with so far.

Its ok and good to buy FROZEN fruits and veggies.
Pasta is ok - but its better if we buy whole wheat.
Carrots and Apples make great snacks.
Marinades are good ways to add flavour - instead of sauces...

We need to eat more Stir Fry.
We need to eat more Oatmeal.
We need to eat more eggs.
We need to eat more potatoes.
We need to eat more Flour Tortilla Taco's.
We need to eat more soups.... with veggies/rice/chicken in them etc.

I'm not giving up my 2% milk....
We don't like Yogart or Tomatoes.

I need help learning more crock pot recipes.
I need to learn how to meal plan instead of buying what we want to eat the day of.

We're trying to add this whole eating healthy thing along with the whole working out P90X thing!

If you have any ideas that would be soo helpful!

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud that you want to eat healthy!! Way to go on researching and wanting to do this! It doesn't have to be expensive though. You don't need to buy brand name stuff or shop at Whole Foods. Check out this blog for crockpot ideas. I use it all the time: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. orgjunkie.com really helped me get organized esp. until I figured out my own way of doing what worked for us--if nothing else you can get some good ideas.

    We also buy all whole wheat spaghetti, whole wheat taco shells, whole wheat flour, whole wheat bread, etc. and I actually prefer them over the white stuff (and I can guarantee I am pickier than you are :)!!). Try and I bet you'll like them.

    I use allrecipes.com for MANY of my recipes and I've hear the crockpot365.blogspot.com is a great site to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we are struggling here too! what a pain to eat healthy! lol :) But, worth it. I make sure I have plenty of good things in the house to choose from. If it's in the house, I tend to eat it! :) Good luck! visiting from melanie's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelby - this is how picky Nick is - a month before we got married (almost 1 year ago) Nick started eating Pizza.

    ReplyDelete