Wednesday, May 12, 2010

www.mishmoshOfStuff.com

Today it has been 2 months since I wore a navy blue shirt!! We moved into our apartment 2 months ago today!!!!!

Speaking of 2 months since we moved, today I finally got Nick to go to Livonia to change his address with his employer. I called a while ago asking to change it and they said I couldn't do it, and that he had to come in and change it. Sooo since I knew he wouldn't go on his own, and he definately wouldn't do it on his day off, and yet on the days that he works he needs to sleep so driving to another city by the end of the business day is hard. Soooo I begged him out of bed, and we, together went to Livonia - due to rush hour got there 4 minutes before they closed, filled out the 2 forms we needed to change his address and hook him up with direct deposit! I filled out one, he filled out the other and we were out of there by 5pm!!!

Speaking of 5pm, dinner time has been interesting this week. We were gonna go grocery shopping to buy new food items to eat healthier. But since the road we live off has the worst Rush Hour in the world - worse than the detroit/plymouth/ann arbor/livonia rush hour we drove through earlier we decided to go home for a bit first then go shopping when the 4 minute commute wouldn't take 15 mins. So anyways groceryless, I came up with peanut-butter-chicken-pasta-stuff, like Jennie used to make... I've never done it but it was pretty easy. I just cooked some spaghetti, mixed up some peanut butter with soy sauce, a bit of pepper, and added some broccoli and chicken!

Speaking of Jennie - I loved her last post on Landon's homecoming - you must check it out, if you haven't already!!! Soo excited for her to have all of her lovable children home for mothers day!!!!

A whole bunch of nights ago I had a dream. I already told Mel about it, but I thought I would share it with the rest of the world cuz it was pretty funny! The other reason I wanted to share it is because I don't often remember my dreams, and I never used to actually have people I really know in my dreams so it was kind of fun!

Ok here goes:
In the dream we were in architecture school and we were leaders in the glass for the new youngens.... Mel, Kevin, Nick and I. I'm pretty sure there were other people there too who we actually know but they were minor characters..... we designed bridges, and in the last class before I woke up, we designed doors.
When we were building bridges we were swimming below one of them for the lesson.... and I lost my bracelet in the water.... Mel found it and was so excited but somehow Kevin stole it from her and gave it to me - he took all the credit! (the bracelet was blue- I don't know why I remembered that, but I did - we'll pretend it was significant)
And for some reason we were all cashiers at Wal-Mart in our spare time to make money
Mel was working at until 1 and we called off to go stock shelves with... I think.... Ryan Betz
But working together in a row of tills was fun cuz we could talk to each other in the down time.

That's it. Weird I know. But I remembered so many details. Go ahead laugh.... If it's only you, Mel laughing again - that's OK too.

I've come to the conclusion that all married men have no idea how good they have it. I was talking to one of the travelling pharmacists about this. He is divorced and alone now... so he was able to agree with me. They have no idea how good they have it. We cook every meal, everyday. We do the laundry for them, pick up their socks and underwear. We clean the surfaces so there is no dust. We make their living environment pretty. We do the dishes all the time, so they can eat off plates for the next meal that they didn't help prepare. They have no idea! All this to say, when I had such a huge headache tonight, even though I still made the yummy dinner, I appreciated the fact that he picked up my dish tonight, put the leftover food in Rubbermaid containers, put the dishes in the sink and ran water in them.

So I'm very much looking forward to several things.... 1 my brother's graduation. Seeing my parents this weekend. Maybe hanging out in the hot tub with my dad! I'm looking forward to our 1st Anniversary coming up in almost 10 days!!!!! I'm looking forward to going to Vancouver in 15 days!!!!

Speaking of graduations - you must read Mel's latest walk down memory lane about her/our graduation!!! Our graduation was such good times!!! My brothers grad will be my 4th SAU graduation in a row.

Also, I made a list of meals I can make that are somewhat healthy or at least food that we like.... I thought I would share it with you: (2 more and I would have had 50....)

1. Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
2. Chicken Burritos
3. Vegetable Casserole – Crackers
4. Beef & Veggie Stew
5. Chicken Pasta Soup
6. Egg Salad Sandwiches
7. Stir Fry
8. Chicken Rice Veggie soup
9. Beef & Noodles
10. Cheesy-Topped Mashed Potato Casserole
11. Skillet Chicken Divan (rice/broccoli/chicken)
12. Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles
13. Green Bean & Chicken Casserole
14. Chicken & Veggie Tortellini Stew
15. Pulled Pork with Root Beer Sauce
16. Grilled Corn on the Cob
17. Easy Crescent Taco Bake
18. California Cheeseburger Pie
19. Oatmeal
20. Mix sweet cereal with healthy one
21. Meatball Creepy Crawlers
22. Chicken Alfredo
23. Spaghetti
24. Broccoli Soup
25. Ritzy Chicken
26. Sloppy Cook
27. BBQ Pizza
28. Chicken Wings
29. Chili
30. Wraps
31. Pizza
32. Burgers
33. Salad
34. Quesadillas
35. Chicken Bowls
36. Chicken Burgers
37. Taco’s
38. Meatloaf Scallop Potatoes
39. Pot Pies
40. Pancakes
41. Omelets
42. Sloppy Joes
43. Shepherds Pie
44. Poached Eggs
45. Grilled Cheese
46. Meatballs
47. Hot Dogs/Chili Cheese Dogs
48. Chicken & Biscuits

1 comment: