Wednesday, May 26, 2010

www.Washer&Dryer.com

Finally I can do a load of laundry in our home, and the only work I have to do is fold it and put it away, instead of what I've been doing lately which is hanging everything to dry!! Yeah - my first load of laundry is drying right now!!! Woot!! I didn't mind throwing in a bunch of jeans!!

We have a washer and a dry and didn't pay for either one!!!

There it is, the new dryer!!!!!!

This is how it all went down. On the weekend, I got a call from Nicks mom saying they were available that day to bring the free dryer that they acquired for us!! So since we had no plans, they came... well there were a few issues preventing us from drying clothes that evening. So I waited til Wednesday, my day off to have the maintenance guy come and look at it. Well since the dryer didn't belong to the apartment community, he couldn't change the plug that had been updated. Which he said needed to be done before hooking up the air duct. So, I looked it up online how to change the plug, and did it. Then I took pictures, e-mailed them to my dad who said I did it right. Then I spent a while with my dad on the phone talking me through it, trying to figure out/fix the air duct problem, gave up, just shoved the new air duct in the old hole in the wall, and then duct taped it up like crazy, allowing room for NO dust bunnys to fly out all over everything!!

I texted my father-in-law to tell him what I had done and he called me back to tell me how impressed he was by me.

So I'm still sick. I don't have the faint/weak feeling anymore, and it is still mostly all in my head, but it has moved to my chest a little bit. The cough is awful! My nose is still soo stuffed up. Still taking Vit. C and drinking lots of water, however, I was feeling well enough to go out and meet Anna at REI to by stuff for her hiking trip in Spain this summer. Then we went to Whole Foods Market where I bought Organic Apple Juice - I love the stuff!!! Then we came back to Saline, for dinner at Tim Hortons and then I showed her our apartment. She was heading from here up to the hospital, to visit one of the student development staff's wives who is pregnant, had some issues with spotting, was on her way to the doctors when she passed out and banged up her car. Then the next day had a stroke... so now she is at the UofM. So sad!

So looking forward to this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment