Sunday, May 16, 2010

www.pomp&circumstance.com

This weekend, promised to be enjoyable, but then I wasn't so sure.

Old Plan: Mom, Dad and Michael were going to drive to our apartment, by about 11am Friday morning... I was going to be at work until 1:30 but he was going to drop them off and they were going to hijack my car (cuz Dad has a key) and go shopping - Michael was going to continue on to SAU to hang with friends, and go roller blading with his roller blading friend. Then Nick, Mom, Dad and I were going to drive to SAU in time for the Graduation Events.

The plan was ruined by my mom waking up in at 1am the morning that they were supposed to drive here, throwing up! How sad!!! Being sick like that is very, very uncommon for her and was just plain darn not the best timing. Apparently she was crying on the bathroom floor - so upset that she was going to miss her son's graduation from University! That's an amazing mom wouldn't you say?

So my dad being the amazing dad that he is, calmed her down, and promised her he'd do whatever he could to get her there on time.... So the plan changed, which always bugs me, but it worked out well in the end.

New plan:
Dad drove the motor home so mom could use the facilities if she needed too, they waited until the last minute they could and drove right to SAU instead of stopping at our place.

So Friday night, Nick and I arrived at SAU in time for the indoor (due to wind) dinner, Cutting of the Ivy Ceremony and Baccalaureate. Michael had already been presented with the white stoll for being an international student. We sat with Ephram at the dinner and that was fun! Friday night after all the ceremonies, Michael and Nick were going to go to a movie but ended up just driving back to SAU, my mom drove to the hotel in Ann Arbor that they had a room booked at and Dad and I went to Albion to play with the babies.

I was so sad mom couldn't come because of her sickness. However, she was feeling well enough to make it through all the events!

Saturday morning, we all (minus Nick) drove from our apartment to the graduation and then back to Ann Arbor and picked up Nick for lunch at Red Lobster where my brother was eating a whole lobster as a grad celebration. The before - he picked that guy because he got defensive!!
This is the after - he taught us all how to eat it- I was trying not to gag!

After that Michael and Nick went to see Robinhood, mom/dad and I went to Bigbys to buy Michigan Cherry Coffee for people in Canada.... and then home to relax for the rest of the day! It was so enjoyable to just sit at our home, relax, enjoy each others company without the go-go-go manner we usually have when we go home to visit! We ordered Chinese Food from King S'hing. My dad talked my mom into spending another night here for more time together, and this is where the new plan became cool - they slept in the parking lot in the motor home! Free accomodations!!!

Sunday morning we went to church at a new church, Calvary Bible Church - just mom/dad and I. I liked it, Nick and I will hopefully try going to their early blended service because it is the earliest service I've found so far. I still haven't found one that is perfect yet for our situation and our personalities. Then we went out to lunch at Bob Evans then home where we did more hanging out and relaxing! They left about an an hour after Nick woke up for the day and then Nick and I got to hang out and spend some time together - just us! Although, I took a Sunday afternoon nap - but we watched the first of the season finale's of our favourite shows. I didn't want Sandra to win Survivor - I think Russell deserves to win the game!

It was a great weekend, I have a date at the hospital tomorrow morning with Nich, Hailey and some babies! Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment