Monday, June 14, 2010

www.2FriendsApillow&aTiara.com

Let me tell you about the night I was scared 4 times between the hours of 9:00pm Sunday night and 9:00pm tonight!

9:oopm - Adam was to arrive to pick up some stuff he left in Nicks car from their camping trip! He did, that's all good... I turned my movie back on after he left, was enjoying it, when he knocked at the door again - loudly! It scared me because I wasn't expecting it. Turns out his car battery had died, so I had to give him a boost.

1:30am - Nick and I were sleeping in bed together... now that might seem like more info than you wanted to know, but I must tell you - it is the first time since like January that we have been able to go to bed at the same time, and we actually slept in the bed (I've been sleeping on the couch everynight since we moved here). Soo we're sleeping - actually to be more correct - he's OUT COLD and I'm laying there beside him, feeling him twitch in his sleep, enjoying the moment I have been waiting for! Anyways, I hear a knock at the door, I ignored it, hoping it was a knock on our neighbours door, not ours. I hear the knock again. I still wait. Then I hear our doorbell..... I'm not entirely sure, but I might have even heard a second doorbell, but I tried to wake Nick up to tell him that our doorbell was ringing at 1:30 am, but he was soo out of it. So I went to the door HOPING that it was just Tyler coming to pick up the stuff he left. I had even checked Nicks phone thinking if it was Tyler he would text. I get to the door and turn on the outside light, peek through the peep hole and see Tyler! I was so glad! Turns out his phone was dead, and we had his phone charger.

6:00am - Nick and I are both asleep this time. When out of the blue, LOUD music starts playing, LOUD Vivaldi (Spring from the 4 Seasons which starts out quite triumphantly). Turn your volume up and click on that link - I dare you! You'll know kind of how we felt waking up to that!!! At first, I thought we were being robbed, that someone was in our home, but who breaks in when people are usually sleeping and turns on classical, really Brittney.... duh!! So what brought this random burst of Vivaldi on? Well I have a 5 disc CD player that is on the floor at the end of the bed. A pillow had fallen off the bed and hit the play button. The last time that I was listening to music I was cleaning the whole apartment, so I had the volume up quite loud!

8:30pm - So I was talking to my mom on the phone, I had asked her to go to the basement and get my wedding time capsule which had my tiara in it, because this weekend we are going to do an aftershoot in my wedding dress, and I wanted to make sure it was there. She tells me that she was pretty sure that she gave the capsule away to Salvation Army.... (she thought it was kind of a tacky gift, I decided I might as well use as a place to keep all my wedding stuff together). I knew that the key and garter were safe in my fireproof safe here, but we were both very scared and devestated at the thought of all my other precious wedding memories gone! I had put in there the tiara, a CD of all my professional pictures, my wedding DVD, a copy of our invitation, our program and more random things. I sat down after hanging up with her, waiting to hear the results of her search of the basement storage room, trying not to cry - which was silly because in reality I had copies of everything in there, except the tiara.... which my mom told me she would buy another one. A few moments later, she called back saying that it was down there, but I could hear in her voice how scared she was too! It was a different kind of scared, but scary none the less!

Talk about a scary night, in 3 not so scary situations!! That's the way I like my scary: Safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment