Wednesday, June 9, 2010

www.FinallyBiking.com

We finally did it! We went for our 1st bike ride together.... well we might have borrowed Mel and Kevin's bikes once in college.... but this was our first time on our own bikes! It was a beautiful and perfect weather for our first bike ride. It wasn't cold, and it wasn't hot! It was perfect! We biked the little trail behind our apartment community that led to a subdivision, which took us out to Platt Rd. Now along Platt Rd. there is a bike lane and we biked all the way to Packard Road and back, which I mapquest'd and I think our trip total was about 8 miles. Not overly impressive, says Nick, but for me, I think it is! My legs were killing me, my ears were hurting and my asthma was kicking in.

I'm going to have to bike a little bit tomorrow, maybe just around the subdivision, since my legs are going to not work tomorrow.... it'll take me a while but eventually I hope to be able to bike further....as it was, I was ready to turn around by the time we got to Platt Rd.

We biked around the subdivision on the way home and checked out the houses, when we got home, I googled them to find out how much they cost since Nick made guess... he was only $11 000 off.... they were almost a quarter of a million dollar homes. So then I checked the price of the homes that are on my favourite road here in the area, that I said I would love to live on based on the name of the road: Wapiti Way.... they are half a mill! Yikes - I don't think we'll ever be able to live in those homes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment