This is the blabbering of a wife, alone at home for a weekend....
I'm feeling like a bachelorette this weekend, Nick is off at a Bachelor Party weekend that he is "hosting" due to the upcoming Nuptuals of Adam and Cheryl, at which even Nick will be standing up there in a suit in the Best Man place. So this weekend, while he, Ross, Ben, Adam, Chris, Tyler, and others are camping in Sandusky and visiting the world famous Cedar Point Amusment Park, I sit at home alone.
I know I'm alone, in a different sense of the word, then the usual aloneness I feel every night when he's at work, because when I walk into the bathroom his toothbrush is gone, his contact stuff is gone, when walk into the living room, everything is where I left it yesterday, nothing is out of place - admitting to his being home and leaving everything all over the place. There is no one texting me every couple minutes because he's bored at work. No, he's having fun with a bunch of boys!
I know I'm alone, in a different sense of the word, then the usual aloneness I feel every night when he's at work, because when I walk into the bathroom his toothbrush is gone, his contact stuff is gone, when walk into the living room, everything is where I left it yesterday, nothing is out of place - admitting to his being home and leaving everything all over the place. There is no one texting me every couple minutes because he's bored at work. No, he's having fun with a bunch of boys!
I sit at home, alone, listening to the birds chirp outside, stomach growling because its 3pm and I haven't eaten lunch yet. I think to myself, "self; you could go swim a few laps, you could go ride your bike, you do need to shower, so make sure you do that, the dishes need to be done and the bed needs to be made.... You probably should eat something soon." I'm listening to the musical stylings of Chris Tomlin on YouTube - he makes me want to find a church and get involved so much! I miss being involved in a music ministry, but each weekend something comes up that takes away our opportunity to get connected and dig in! However I'm "slightly - would be an understatement" excited that Nicks schedule is changing so he can now go to church on a Sunday mornings!!!!
Last night, I made plans, drove to Jackson where our original plans didn't pan out, but it was a fun and exciting evening no less, with Angie and Melissa. I made brownie's to take with me, we ate them, but I left them there by accident. I hope you eat and enjoy them Angie - I'll have to get that dish back from you sometime. We took a walk around Cascade's park with Drew, her 1.5 year old, and watched "27 Dresses". We also took this fun picture together!

Sounds like tonight I might be going to Jennie's to help with the babies and possibly sleep over.
I think the swimming idea is my favourite, I'm might get ready now and bike down to the pool, swim a couple laps and then shower and drive to Albion, that sounds like a good plan right? I just hope there is no one else at the pool.




yes we enjoyed the brownies sorry you left them :/ lol i have the pan..melissa nd i were talking that when she is back or free time we should go visit you too! i am glad you came! it was fun!!!
ReplyDeleteHey! I'm sorry you're all alone this weekend. If you need company tomorrow (Sunday) I'm home alone (with Matthew that is!). Give me a call or facebook or something. :)
ReplyDelete