Sunday, June 20, 2010

www.turningOld.com

A plan to have the girls over for an outdoor movie, turned into a surprise 60th birthday for my favourite man in the whole world!! He says he had no idea, and that is is surprised he was gullable enough to believe that I really was having all the girls over! However we had this great plan, but needed his help to pull it off, so we came up with that story! Today is/was Father's day, which is always cool how it is right around my dad's birthday every year, it makes it great because we can buy him 1 more expensive gift, which is better for men! They like expensive toys. This year we got him a new Ice Cream Maker!!! Due to the power going out part of the day, and the fact that you're supposed to freeze part of the machine for several hours before making it, we couldn't have the homemade ice cream for the party.

We still had ice cream and all the toppings, and popcorn for the out door movie. We watched a movie called Three Little Words. It was made in 1950 (the year he was born) and has Debbie Reynolds and Fred Astair in it. It was pretty good! The bugs were pretty bad though, I have 13 bites - 7 of which are all on my upper right thigh!

Here are a few pictures from the party:
We got to see my brothers new eyes - he had lazer eye surgery!! Dad and I went to Toyota and were the only ones there... he put on 2 new hubcaps since mine fell off somewhere, he also scrubbed off a black scuff mark that I had no idea where it came from, while I vaccumed the car out and he fixed the air conditioning too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment