Sunday, June 13, 2010

www.connected.com

Last night, I spent the night at the Pollak's. I went over to help with the babies since I was home alone with nothing to do.

I slept in Hailey's play room, which used to be my room when I lived there, but now has a futon in it. As I was laying there, I was thinking about how great my memories are from living there!

I mean first of all they are an amazing family.... While standing beside Jennie this morning singing praises to our God, and I was standing there thinking of how vulnerable she probably feels, yet how amazing I think she is!

She was singing what I think is a testimony of her heart: "I wanna sing of Your mercy, I wanna sing of Your love, and tell the world I'm grateful for everything that You have done. I wanna sing of Your kindness, wanna share the good news. As long as I can sing I wanna sing about you. Grace so amazing I can hardly understand how you forgive me and accept me as I am. I can't believe the way You work in my life I would be crazy if I kept this all inside."

She is top notch at her job - she just won a sweet award for her work, she is the mom of 4 kids, she has had to deal with so much. I got to watch her come home to her amazing husband - who does everything for her, who treats her like there is no one else, he would rather be home with his family than anywhere. I got to live with the most adorable little girl in the whole world. I got to watch and learn from a pretty sweet marriage, and learn how to parent. I got to be a friend to Jennie like you can only be when you live with someone. I

I was still connected to SAU through Nick.... Even though I had graduated, I wasn't ready to be done with that place, I love it. Nick was still a student, so I had an excuse to go on campus weekly, to go to big events like Porchfest, I still got to see friends!

I was looking forward to and planning my wedding, I was working on all the plans, making the table numbers, making a flower girl bouquet, picking out bridesmaid dresses, picking out and booking our honeymoon, registering, being "showered" and so much more. I was making plans for where we were going to live once we were married, I was dreaming of our soon to be life together.

I was on my "own" for the first time. I got my first car, I was responsible for myself, I had to pay the bills (car insurance, rent etc.) I worked for a living, I didn't have homework. For the first couple months, I wasn't working so I could go home whenever I wanted to.


I can truly say that was one of the best years of my life.

Anyways, so I spent the night there, I made them dinner, cleaned up the play room, held Brooklyn, held Brennen, held Brooklyn and Brennen, held Landon, fed them. We went to church in the morning. I was soo glad I got to see the new sanctuary!

1 comment:

  1. fun fun!! and i am watching friends and ross said...the boxes are RIGHT NEXT to each other....and rachel Iwas under the impression that the boxes were FAR AWAY from each other" hahahah

    ReplyDelete