In my post: rough weekend I told you all about my cell phone fiasco, in which I have decided through lots of investigations/considerations it must have fallen out of my purse and someone decided instead of turning it in, to keep it.
1. Cell Phone - Stolen (most likely)
Let me go on telling you about the rest of our bad luck for this week.
2. Nicks Bike - Stolen
Our apartment has a shared entryway with 1 other apartment. The lady that lives there is in her early 60's (I think), single and lives a quiet lifestyle with a beautiful apartment. So we share a locked door, with a large entryway that used to house a side table and a lamp (her's), and our old coffee table and our 2 bikes. Now it only holds the 2 tables, and the lamp.
Yesterday morning Nick texted me and said his bike was stolen. My first thought was that he had biked to school and left it unlocked in the bike rack, but no - it was stolen from our locked entryway. Sadly the locks on the first door are pretty easy to pop with a credit card, and the criminals obviously know that.
I did file a police report, because they ought to know that there is someone stealing stuff from that area, but we don't expect to ever get the bike back. We had bought it off Craigslist, so it's not too valuable, but we (Nick's parents) have put some money into it (new tube tires, air, new handles etc.) Talk about Ticked off!!! Stealing is not cool people! I'm sure the people who steal would get really upset if someone stole something they spent their hard earned dollars on!
Nick is pretty upset, as was/am I about my phone (which I'm still hopeful will show up soon!)
3. Mailbox Lock
Then I got a call in the afternoon from our apartment complex say that someone had broken into our mailbox and broke the lock, so they had replaced it, and I was to come in and pick up new keys. I hope we didn't miss any important mail. I do know we didn't get the Monday Junk Mail so who knows what else we didn't get.
Here's to hoping bad things really do come in 3's and we're done for a while....
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment