Monday, March 11, 2013

www.roughweekend.com

On my way home from work Friday, I called Nicks mom to chat, drove over and watched the end of the Frisbee game Nick was playing, then drove the 30 seconds home and get ready to go to the gym to work out. Worked out, then went home to shower before heading to the Wal-mart Neighbourhood Market to buy some groceries to make warm food for the snow storm that was predicted for the weekend. While at the store I searched for my cell phone to call my mom to ask her to look up a recipe for me, and couldn't find my phone anywhere. Turns out my phone was OOOBBER lost and is still yet to be found. Between Friday night and Saturday morning we've searched the car inside and out, in the parking lot of the gym, the apartment and Wal-mart, we've looked in the locker room, and called all the locations with the lost phone information. I've only had the phone 3 weeks! Not cool! I have since reactivated my old phone so I have a way of communicating, but my heart still thinks the old phone will show up.

We of course called it, and if it had been run over by a car, it would have gone right to voice mail, if someone thought it was theirs, they would have heard it ringing, and would have heard alarms going off, since it isn't any of the places I was Friday night, I can only assume someone stole it. If it is found miraculously, even though the service has been disconnected they should still be able to see the contact numbers and call someone in my favourites. Pray it show's up! 


The fiasco pretty much ruined my weekend, I was sooo upset and ticked off that I lost my phone.

I finished my painting Saturday afternoon while Nick was at one of the youth group kids' Karate Tournament....



Saturday was also my Grandpa's 90th birthday party which I would have loved to be at, and was sad I couldn't call my mom to whine about my lost phone because she was there.... it only made me really homesick.

Steph gave a speech and sang happy birthday in her "special" voice. Here's an excerpt of her speech:



"Dad worked full time as a mechanic at a variety of different garages over the years.  We knew that every single day he would get up and go to work.

On top of that he farmed about 100 acres of wheat, soya beans or corn.  We knew that in planting season as well as harvesting season there was a short period of time where he worked almost round the clock to get the crops taken care of.

Today’s party was planned with dad in mind.  Two hours of dessert first, followed by a meal.  He wouldn’t have it any other way."
 
Mom gave him a giant butter tart.  It was the size of a pie! Grandpa had already eaten cake and punch, then a full roast beef dinner, then desert.  Uncle Steve gave him a butter tart too, a regular sized one because he didn’t know about the large one. 

"Dad looked at the small butter tart, turned to me and said, I guess I’d better eat it.  He took tiny bites, because he was so full…then your mom presented him with a giant one.  He looked like he was going to gag.  It was hilarious!

Richard got lots of laughs, told dad he loved him.  He said dad was the best dad he had ever had…that was so cute, emotional and funny all at once.It was so good for both of us to say the good things about dad with him right there to hear and enjoy them, not at his funeral after he was gone.

The whole party was a great tribute to him.  Your mom and dad did a wonderful job.

That’s when I suggested that we sing Happy Birthday. It was all down hill from then because Richard asked me to do “my” version.  I still can’t believe I did it!

Dad put his head back and his mouth fell open!  He was shocked, (maybe not in a good way).  He never commented." - Steph
 

Sunday: It took me 20 minutes to scrape the ice off my car in order to drive it to church. (actually probably more like 10 but I was cold and tired).

Ryan preached this week and right near the end of his sermon, while I'm sitting on the farthest left of sanctuary with my feet up on the chair in front of me when all of the sudden I heard my name. Mom asked if I re-adjusted myself, and I said no. By the time I figured out that he was actually talking about me, I figured anyone who was going to look over at me, already had.  He just mentioned a verse I had sent him this week that I though went with his sermon (I put it in the coffee bar frames pictured here).


 I worked out in the evening for 1 hour on the Eliptical while blaring Les Mis on Nicks iPod with the arm bracelet thingy that "Michael/Mom" got Nick for Christmas. I've weighed myself multiple times in the 2 weeks that we've been going to the gym and last night was the first time I saw a difference, even though I'd weighed myself earlier in the day and it was the same as before. 2lbs - is it a fluke? who know but I think I look better already.

I don't want to flaunt it because most people think I don't need to loose weight, but I was always 1 weight, and then in the last 2 years-ish I've gained 15 lbs. I know it's there, my husband knows it's there, the camera knows it's there...and I really want to get into a good working out habit so that when I have babies, it'll be easier to loose the baby weight, if I'm already in the habit of working out. 


Awww how cute would I be pregnant and working out? 
Will I float or drown in the pool?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the phone situation.. I had something similar, except I lost our mail key, which is super expensive to replace and I can't find it anywhere.. Our landlord drove an hour to replace it.. sigh.. I will pray the phone shows up.. Did you leave it at the freebee park or gym?

    ReplyDelete