Monday, March 18, 2013

www.weekendOfCurtains&ChurchStuff.com

I was sooo busy this weekend! Let me tell you all about it.

Friday night, it was in the 70's so I went to the store, bought burgers and buns and we grilled for dinner. We also rented a movie from redbox which we watched late Friday night.

Saturday, I got up and was inspired to clean/purge a bit. I'm going to have 5 people living in my 1 bedroom apartment in less than a week and a half so I needed to get it looking empty so it won't be soo congested when they're here!!!!

I took Nick lunch at the Seminary where he was doing homework and on my way home stopped in at Denver Fabric, went right back to the bargain wall and found material in the colour I was looking for. I wanted a blue, that had a touch of green, but that was very vibrant!  Deep Teal I guess is the colour I was looking for - based off this picture.   So I went home and started making aspargus/potato soup, because isn't that what everyone does when they're cleaning/purging AND just bought material to make a huge project??

Then kept cleaning, then started making the curtains. I felt like my cleaning efforts were futile until I could see it with the new curtains. So by Saturday night - this is what it looked like:


PS the cushions are backwards on purpose - we're breaking in the other sides too fast!






Sunday evening I tackled another safe saving project - I cut our huge comfy brown pillow's in half!!!


So now instead of 2 HUGE pillows that were always in our way, I have normal sized ones, I used half the stuffing from the other one to re-infuse the green pillow's Jennie made me because they were flat!! So I still have half of a huge brown pillow to work with, I can either make 2 smaller square ones, or a 3rd brown rectangle one, or use the stuffing for something else all together, as well as the material.

Sunday morning at church was SOOOOO busy!

Nick was teaching in Sunday School for the first time ever, and a bit nervous about it. We got to church REALLY early, so he could practice many many times.  This is the Youth Room: 

This picture was taken before the kids ever got there..... but he did great!

7:30 - practice on the way to church....
8-8:20 - he practiced by himself, I did coffee bar stuff
8:20-8:35 - I watched him practice
8:35 - I ran to opposite side of HUGE church for Choir Practice
8:50 - run back to Coffee bar to be ready for the choir invasion
9:25 - run down stairs to watch/record Nick teach the youth!
9:50 - run back to coffee bar
10:05 - run to sanctuary for service and find a good time to sneak up on stage for choir.
11:05 - service over - run to coffee bar to serve guests again and start cleaning up
11:25 - run to sanctuary for practice for Easter Drama
11:26 - get told I need to go to costumes, but not told where "costume's" is?
11:26 - get called to back of sanctuary but Rebecca (choir Director) and called to middle of Sanctuary by Rebecca's mom (who had brought her husband's bike for us to use until we can get another one for Nick)
11:30 - get fitted with a costume
11:45 - drama (my scene) practice.
12:15 - back to coffee bar to finish cleaning up.
12:30 - eat leftover breakfast burrito
12:45 - take garbage out
12:50 - figure out how to hook bike rack to trunk

Then Nick says, how have we only been here a year and we're the last people to leave church!!??

Then we got home - he napped, I went to Mariah's to watch a girly movie, and get a makeover! I got my hair crimped, my nails painted, and my make-up done! Love the hair, my nails are already chipping sadly and my lips looked great - but I look so ridiculous in mascara!

Then I got home and diced up the pillows!

Talk about exhausted, eh?!


No comments:

Post a Comment