Monday, July 7, 2008

www.roadkill.com

Good thing there's no limit or no shame for writing more than once in one day.

I worked out with Nick today - that was fun because he got to Max out cuz there was someone there to spot him if he needed it, and because he got to watch me attempt to lift lots of lbs... which btw he was impressed!!!!

The reason for this post is that on my way home this evening I hit (or didn't hit) a moral dilema. My mom once hit a possum and was so glad she did because they are soo ugly and mean, this evening I looked one in the eye as I slowed down to miss hitting his ugly butt..... but I couldn't decide whether or not to hit him.... I chose not to because no matter how ugly and stupid and mean he's still one of God's creations and must have some purpose - although I have no idea what for.

Every time I drive home from seeing Nick late at night I watch so incredibly close for deer as Jackson county has the highest population of deer in America....or at least Michigan, I'm not totally sure. Tonight I saw 4 deer, 1 possum, 1 bat or low flying creature, and one ground hog. I look more closely for animals than for cars because I only see on average 1 car per drive home and they are way easier to see.

I thought tonight that its too bad deer didn't come with reflectors on them, and its also too bad that they aren't more often standing in the road - thats easier to see than if they're in the brush beside the road ready to jump out.

and thats my ramblings about road kill......

1 comment:

  1. ya the deer and animals are REDICULOUS here!! and yes, I spell it that way ;) (already made a comment on mel's blog) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete